A Spar Ten Years In The Making. Uta vs Luffy!

Apologies for the long wait, but I promise that it'll be a good chapter! Last we left off, Luffy has just started his haki training in the island of Rusukaina and the first hurdle he must overcome, or try to, is Uta who has challenged him to a fight. We are no going to pickup from the fight and see who will come on top in their first fight against each other in ten years! I don't own One Piece.

"Gum Gum Jet Pistol!"

"Uta Punch!"

POW!

Uta and Luffy's fist collide briefly causing the air to ripple for a moment. The two's fist was left steaming due to the force of the collision. Luffy was shocked that Uta managed to counter his punch, which was much faster and stronger than his normal attacks with a basic punch of her own. However, unknown to Luffy, Uta was using haki when she matched his attack. Luffy glares at Uta as she smiles at him mockingly.

"Did you think a contest of speed will beat me?" Uta asks.

"Gum Gum Jet Stamp!"

"Uta Kick!"

This time Luffy kicks Uta at high speeds for which she blocks with a kick of her own which led to the same results. Uta raises her hand and gropes the air, teasing Luffy.

"Gotta try harder than that." Uta laughs.

Rayleigh heard the commotion from a distance and went over to look. He chuckles seeing how Uta has taken advantage of the situation.

Uta is talking big, but she barely matched Luffy's strength. Rayleigh noticed. She also has realized this, but there is no need to tell Luffy that.

Uta looks at her hands which were quivering with excitement and clenches her right hand which stung quite a bit from punching Luffy's fist.

"It looks like I couldn't fully match my strength with his." Uta said smiling. "At least not when he's steaming up like that."

"Uta, Luffy isn't here for a spar." Rayleigh calls out. "Why not give him a taste of your haki?"

"A test of strength won't hurt." Uta said. "After all, if you want strong haki, you need the strength to back it up."

"You think I don't have the strength to do that?" Luffy asks as he stretches both of his arms back. "Then take my Gum Gum..."

Should I activate my haki or dodge? Uta wonders as she thinks about what she should do. Think faster, it'll hit hard!

Luffy ran towards Uta stretching his arms even further.

"Jet Bazooka!"

Uta jumps in the air and performs a dropkick in an attempt to counter Luffy's attack.

WHA-POW!

Uta was able to stop Luffy's attack briefly, but was pushed back into the air the moments after her feet made contact with Luffy's hands. Luffy smiles proudly at the fact that he sent Uta in the air and chuckles. Suddenly, Uta begins to twirl in the air confusing the young pirate and the diva lands back on her two feet seemingly unharmed, shocking Luffy.

"What's wrong? Don't tell me that's all the strength you can muster." Uta laughs. "Maybe, I should take a different approach on this."

"Hey! Are you going to fight me or not?" Luffy asks angrily. "I'm the only one attacking here!"

"Alright, time out." Uta said, raising her hands. "Can you stop steaming up for a moment and listen for a moment? What we will do will give you a better idea of how to effectively fight a haki user."