𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

"OKAY, SO WHAT DOES THIS KID'S HOMEWORK have to do with finding Deaton?" Cora questioned because Stiles had just stolen Danny's project to show them something

"Because it's not just homework, okay? It's a project on geomagnetic fields. They flow through the earth. They can even be affected by lunar phases, all right?" the Stilinski boy explained as he pointed to a note on one of the papers. "Now, look at this. This is a note from Harris on Danny's proposal."

Lydia read aloud, "'I strongly advise you to choose another topic. The ideas here, while innovative and thoughtful, border on pseudo-science. Not suitable for class.'"

"Harris wasn't just a sacrifice. He knew something," Scott muttered in realization.

"Now, check this out," the sheriff's son told them as he flipped through the pages to the one he had been looking for. "Allison's dad wasn't the only one with a map, all right? Danny had one, too. Danny marked all the telluric currents, okay? Now, the weird thing about Beacon Hills is that it actually is a beacon. You wouldn't believe how much energy flowing through the earth is around this town."

Scott pointed at something on the map before beginning to draw over it. "Guys, look, they match. All right, there's three places, right? Where they're kidnapped, and then the place where their body was found."

"Look, that's right on the telluric current," Lydia pointed out.

Scott nodded and suggested, "So, maybe where he was sacrificed is somewhere in between."

"Let me see that. You said there's six more bodies to be found. Deaton's one of them. Gotta be somewhere in between, right?" Stiles asked as he began to make more marks on the map with a black marker.

"Stop," Cora ordered, grabbing his hand before he could do anything else and causing all of them to look over at her in confusion. She moved his hand so that it hovered over the spot that showed Beacon Hills First International Bank where two currents overlapped. "He's in the vault. The same vault." Her phone buzzed, and after she checked it, she informed them, "It's Boyd. The plan didn't work. They cut the power."
They all looked over to Scott in shock at that. He thought for a moment before saying. "It's just like he said. Go. I can save Deaton myself."

"What? Scott, what about us?" April questioned, finally joining in on the conversation that she had been silent for the entire time. She was not really in a talking mood.
"Cora can't get there fast enough without you," he ordered before nodding for all of them to get moving so that they could save everyone in time. "Go. We can save both of them."
As he ran out of a building, Stiles turned to the rest of them. "All right, let's go."
They got into the jeep and drove all the way to Derek's apartment building, and April's leg bounced nervously as she sat next to Cora in the back seat. Once they got to their destination, they sprinted for the room that would turn on the power again.