Chapter 4

Chapter 4 : Red haired duo
—————————-•

No matter how hard I tried to understand what was happening..I just couldn't get to the core of the issue.

It made me feel uncomfortable, I was certainly not grasping the situation, this is clearly not my body, which makes shivers go down my spine and all those people looking at me as if I'm some kind of pitiful creature at some auction stall, is no better. Whatsoever them calling me by my family name isn't helping either.

" So.. Leo.." The red fur approached me with some sort of hesitation.

"?"

" I'm Alexander Thesart let's be friends.?" He then started with the confidence as he grabbed my hand and shook it. Up and down and back up. I was staring at this motion.

"..."

I wasn't sure what to say to him, neither how to respond, I wasn't familiar with this kind of situation so I only tilted my head a little, it was small habit of mine ever since I could remember.

Suddenly the handsome aqua doctor grabbed onto the Alexander something boy and covered his mouth and made an awkward expression.

" Ahahaha.. y-young lad, please don't mind him, he doesn't know what he is doing!!"

" Ye- yes, our young master is yet to get tutor so please forgive him!!"

The other adults stepped in as the red fur was visibly struggling to get free from their grasp, he was even more confused then me, which made me chuckle.

The red fur suddenly stopped struggling and just looked at me with dumbfounded expression. After few long seconds he pointed at me.

" I like him!" Alexander said as he suddenly turned to face the doctor, his eyes full of determination.

" Can he go to the Pastra kingdom too? He will right? He is old enough right??" The kid's eyes were making the adults uncomfortable, they were at loss for words as their souls were visibly leaving their bodies. It was really fascinating to watch.

I wanted to ask what were they talking about when the door suddenly opened in one swing.

There stood tall and well dressed male, looking like he is in his mid-30ties. His hair that were nicely styled and laid back reminded of sparkling rubies, as if even one hair strand could be sold for high price. As for his matching red eyes, they looked stern and serious, they didn't match well with his somehow gentle face. What's more was his strong intimidating aura that radiated from him the moment he opened the door.

He walked inside the room calmly and elegantly, closing the door behind himself, leaving the knight from earlier outside, panting, trying to catch his breath.

I blinked my tired eyes to look at the person better. With his long legs he made two steps and was standing right next to me, shadowing over me. I felt little overwhelmed.

" Young lord Leonard." His voice was rather deep and cold. I could feel every cell in my body flinch.

I raised my head and straightened my back properly in reflex motion. Short after I only sighed and leaned back into the pillows. Looking at the male. I could tell his gaze was observing and analyzing every move I made.

".. yes?" I said in quieter tone, not wanting to hear the unfamiliar voice that came from my mouth.

" I informed your father, Duke Trumane , about the current situation, he should be there shortly." Beneath his cold expression was hint of concern. My small body was just laying in pile of pillows looking up at him with tired eyes.

" Is that so." I said calmly looking down on the bed sheets even though I felt bitterness surrounding inside my mouth.

[ I don't want him to come..] My head started to ache as I wasn't looking forward facing the Duke.

" He will be there soon so don't worry." He came forward and stopped when he was close enough to reach my head. Then he ruffled my hair. The moment he ruffled my hair my eyes automatically closed and then slowly opened.

[...]
I only raised my eyes to look up at him but I couldn't properly look at him because he was way too tall for my neck to see. I know he was trying to comfort me but I just couldn't feel better about the situation.

" Can you adopt me?" I asked with quiet but serious tone reaching my small hands to touch his big palm. He froze and for a moment I thought he forgot how to breath.

[ It's not possible, huh.]
I lowered my arms along with my head. My eyes halfway closed, this small body requires way too much energy.

The red fur immediately came up to the bed and grabbed arm of the tall male, which I wondered what their relationship was.

" I can adopt him then, right?" Red loudspeaker tugged on the sleeve of the T-shirt which belonged to the tall red haired male.

The male was way too speechless to even utter a letter.  It was as if he was first slapped and then hit with the pan. The red fur suddenly grabbed my arms, clamping them altogether with visible excitement in his eyes.

" Call me daddy." He said with cheerful expression and tone, that clearly was full of expectations.

"..." The staff in the room was left speechless as if their souls really left them.

Before I could even say a word or come up with some sort of response the tall male hit the top of the red fur's head.

" Have you gone mad??!" He pulled him away from me, glaring at him, his aura was now radiating flames as his eyes seemed to darken.

" Aaaaa!" " What are you doing?!" Red fur struggled as he was still holding my hands, not wanting to let go of them, so when the tall male pulled the red fur, red fur pulled me. I was already at the edge of the bed before they both realized and quickly let go of one another.

".." I looked up at them with some sort of irritation.

[ They are troublesome.]
I sighed and put my hands on the edge of the mattress so I wouldn't slip down. My arms felt numb the moment I tried to push myself more into the center of the bed. I even struggled to hold myself up.

[ Just how weak is this body?]
I frowned but then with another light sigh I only reminded expressionless.

The red haired duo looked at me like I was some sort of attraction. They both had their eyes on me, for a moment I thought their eyes don't even blink.

Then the tall male gently grabbed my upper body and lifted me up. My body automatically clung onto him. Wrapping my hands around him like koala hugs the tree.

"..."
"..."
"...."
____
"A-ahem!!" The aqua haired doctor faked clearing his throat so the atmosphere wouldn't be that awkward even though it didn't help much.

The staff in the room wasn't really speechless, they just watched the scenery in front of them in complete awe.