chapter 2

Loona was plating the breakfast when she heard hurried footsteps. She looked over her shoulder to see a very distraught looking Arthit making his way to the dining table.

"It's the first day, and I am going to be late.", he came around kissing Loona's cheek. "Why didn't you wake me up earlier, Kongpob?"

The younger only rolled his eyes, taking a seat next to the grumpy senior. He gratefully smiled at Loona who served their fresh OJ and pinkmilk.

Kongpob pushed a plate of pancakes drizzled with enough honey, just the way Arthit likes. "Eat up, Mr. Head Hazer. You need the energy to rear the hordes of freshmen, and....", he placed a few slices of apple on the senior's plate, "You have a hazer meeting in exactly 35 minutes."

"Oh shit...I forgot.", Arthit looked shocked. "Where's my phone?", he started patting his pockets.

"Here..", Kongpob handed the phone with a soft smile. "You left it on the table."

Arthit chuckled while checking his phone, 3 missed calls from Knott, one from Namtarn, and six from Bright. "What I would have done without you, Kongy."

Kongpob scrunched his face in disgust not regarding the slight red hue on his cheeks.

"No wonder nobody dares to date you, Arthit.", Aroon took his seat next to his wife. " No one could ever put up with your clumsy, forgetful self."

"Indeed.", Kongpob and Loona said together and laughed next while Arthit gave them a betrayed look.

Watching the smirk that adorned the elder's face, Kongpob was sure, whatever he's going to say wouldn't do anything good. Kongpob looked around the table anxiously, in a hope that he could find someone who would help him escape the nonsense Arthit's about to say, he bit his lips.

"Don't worry dad....", the smirk widened, "I still have my best friend", he shrugged.

Kongpob felt his face heating up, thankful to his slightly tanned skin which acted as a weak shield.

"Arthit Rojanapat!", his blush disappeared into an angry scowl as he tried to kick Arthit under the table.

Loona and Aroon could only shake their heads, careful not to muddle into their  children's matters too much.
_____________________

Arthit waved back at Suruchi who stood outside the Sutthalik home. Kongpob was already in the passenger's seat, and he was about to get in to the driver's seat when a familiar but shrill female voice stopped him.

"Arthit, Kongpob, wait.", Ploy panted, catching her breath. "Wait for me, Let me carpool with you."

A look of annoyance flashed across Arthit's face, "P'Ploy, Dad bought you a car last year. Why don't you drive yourself to the campus. Furthermore, I want my sister to be an independent strong lady."

"What?", she looked confused.

"Bye!", Arthit checked his watch.

"Then, what about him?", she pointed an accusatory finger at Kongpob who was busy checking his phone unaware of the siblings' rambles.

"Because we prefer that way.". Next second the car zoomed out of the driveway.

An exasperated Ploy stomped her feet in slight resentment. "I'll let it go only because it's for Kongpob.", then an evil smirk appeared on her face, "Wait for my day Art, you will need this big sister soon, and it seems like that day is not too far."

"Are you nervous, Kong? It's your first day at the college.", Arthit asked while the car made a left turn.

"Hmm....not really.", Kongpob turned towards Arthit who had a soft smile on his face.