thirty four | the time of angels

Start from the beginning

With a mere snort of her nose, Annabelle said, "It doesn't take much to attract your attention, Doctor. You're like a child. Almost anything gets your attention."

In response to her words, the Doctor looked over at Annabelle and saw the way that she was staring at him with a single eyebrow raised before he looked away from her and muttered incoherent words under his breath– more than likely mocking Annabelle's words in a childlike manner, thus proving her point in the process.

It wasn't long after he'd done that that the image of a certain blonde-haired woman looking around herself before looking directly into the camera, lowering her glasses and proceeding to wink at it.

While the Doctor messed around with the Home Box some more, Annabelle's eyebrows furrowed when the realization hit her of just who she was seeing on the screen.

While Annabelle only stared at the screen with furrowed eyebrows, the voice of a man could be heard saying, "The party's over, Doctor Song, yet still you're on board."

In response to the man's words, River Song only turned around to face the man before she said to him, "Sorry, Alistair. I needed to see what was in your vault. Do you all know what's down there? Any of you? Because I'll tell you something. This ship won't reach its destination."

Then the man– who River called Alistair– said, "Wait till she runs. Don't make it look like an execution."

Then River raised her left arm and said into the device that was on her wrist, "Triple-seven, five, slash, three, four, nine by ten. Zero, twelve, slash, acorn." While the Doctor quickly started to mess around with the controls, she said, "Oh. And I could do with an air corridor."

Then Amy asked, "What was that, what did she say?"

The Doctor told her, "Coordinates!"

And while the TARDIS started to take off towards the destination of wherever it was that River Song was at that exact moment, River said to Alistair, "Like I said on the dance floor, you might want to find something to hang on to!"

It wasn't long after she'd said those words and a beeping could be heard through the screen that both Annabelle and Amy could see River blowing a kiss towards Alistair– just mere seconds before River could be seen flying out of the ship that she was on and into outer space.

As soon as the TARDIS had made it to its destination, the Doctor let out a yell and quickly ran over towards the TARDIS door before opening it and holding out a hand in front of himself.

It wasn't until River was close enough to the TARDIS and able to be grabbed by the Doctor that she fell inside of it and landed directly on top of him.

And while Annabelle only snorted to herself when she saw the look that the Doctor had on his face, Amy said, "Doctor?"

Then the Doctor said, "River?"

Then– after getting off of the Doctor and staring out of the open door to the TARDIS– River said, "Follow that ship!"

* * *

While the TARDIS did just that and went after the ship, River said, "They've gone into warp drive. We're losing them!" As she messed around with one of the controls, she said, "Stay close!"

In turn, the Doctor said to her, "I'm trying!"

Then River said, "Use the stabilizers."

The Doctor replied, "It doesn't have stabilizers!"

River said to him, "The blue switches!"

The Doctor told her, "The blue ones don't do anything, they're just blue."