Chapter 27 - Margeret

{Song:
Margeret
By: Lana Del Rey}

Aquarius Pov:

I tapped my foot repeatedly against the empty gym floor as the sound echoed across the room.

The door flew open as I saw Cancer walk through the doors and smile. "Oh, thank god I thought I was going to be the first one here."

I shook my head, "Nope, Cap said he's on his way too."

"What about Sag?" She asked me setting as she put bag down and sat next to me.

"What do you mean?" I lifted my eyebrows.

"You didn't hear? She blew up at Mrs.Lea. She got called out in the hall and her powers randomly activated. I don't know, that's what Pi told me." She shrugged looking around the gym. "Where's Ohpi?"

I ignored her question and turned to her. "She blew up Mrs. Lea!"

"No! She just shot fire or something." Cancer said giggling a little at me.

"Oh I see." I said quietly.

"What about you?" I looked at her confused. "What happened with your powers?" She specified.

"Oh, well, it kinda weird." I told her honestly.

She smiled softly, "Don't worry, mine are weird too."

I laughed, "Ok, so The Queen said it's called Trepidation Manipulation. Which basically means that whatever people fear I can scare them by showing illusions of the fear." Finishing my sentence the door opened again to reveal Capricorn coming in.

"Hey." Cancer said waving at him.

He nodded his head her way, "Sorry I was late." He threw his bag down and glanced around. "Where's Ophi?"

Cancer shrugged and looked up at me. "I don't know, I figured he would be here soon. Is Sag coming?" I asked him.

"No, her and The Queen had to have 'the power talk', but she'll be here next time." He told me.

"So what do you do here?" I said seeing all the obstacles and targets laid out in the room.

"Practice." Cap told me bluntly.

I sighed and leaned back in the bleacher seat.

After a while of waiting Ophi finally showed up.

"Look who it is." Capricorn said sarcastically as Ophi rolled his eyes.

"Sorry, I had to convince the whole school board not to suspend Sagittarius." He huffed and put his stuff down. He clapped his hands together and smiled at me. "Welcome, Aquarius. Thank you for joining us."

"I don't really have a choice." I mumbled underneath my breath so he wouldn't hear.

"Cancer would you like to show her how it's done?" He pointed to the platform with what looked like a VR headset.

She got up, walked over to it and put it on. Suddenly a hologram appeared behind her showing a black screen and a loading sign.

"Holy shit." I said shocked.

"It gets cooler." Cap whispered to me.

I watched as the black screen turned into a imaginary battlefield. Soldiers and weapons were surrounding her but she ignored them. Instead she went up to one of the soldiers and just stood there.

"What's happening?" I asked him.

He smirked, "Just wait."

I rolled my eyes at him until the screen changed again and we saw a vision of someone behind Cancer with a weapon.

She quickly got out of the way before they could fire. She went to another area of the arena as visions kept popping up. Some of what type of gun they were holding. Or others like when they were going attack. She made her way through the battle field using her powers and got out alive.

When she was done she took the headset off and turned to Ophi.

"Good job." He said casually. "Next time try to control how many you want. Not every vision is important."

She nodded and looked over at me. "Your turn."

I got up from my seat and walked over to the platform taking the VR from her hands.

"You'll do great." She said smiling and pushing her hair out of her face.

I laughed nervously at her and put the headset on. A blue background appeared with a power selection. I listened to Ophi mumbling something in the background and hitting buttons.

The mouse moved down the menu to hit my power before the screen changed again revealing a count down.

3

2

1

Leo's Pov:

"Go!" I screamed at the TV while they yelled and slapped each other.

"Leo, turn this shit off? It's making me lose brain cells." Scorpio grumbled coming from the kitchen and grabbing the remote.

"This is not shit, this is real life issues." I argued with him.

"No, it's not. This is love island." He mocked me and switched the channel to some lame news network. "This is real life issues." I rolled my eyes and sunk deeper into the couch as he walked back into the kitchen.

I half watched the TV as they talked about politics and adult things.

God, I'm so bored.

I forced myself off the couch and started to walked around the house. I stopped in front of a certain someone's door.

I raised my hands to knock but put it back down hastily and took a few steps back.

What's the worst that could happen?

I shook my head and walked back in front of the door and knocked confidently.

My stomach churned as I waited for him to answer.

Just as I started to lose some hope the door opened up to reveal his comforting smile. "Hey, what's up?"

I could feel a stupid grin creep up to my face. "I was wondering if you wanted to do something?" I asked him.

"Yeah sure, I'm free. What did you want to do?" He tilted his head.

I blanked. "Um, there's a new Avatar movie?" I looked at him.

That was stupid. He probably hates that movie. What the hell Leo.

His eyes lit up. "I love that movie." He exclaimed.

A relief took over me. "Great, me too! I'll get us tickets."

He nodded at me still smiling before Libra came in and interrupted the moment. "Virgo, can you tell Scorpio to stop eating all our chips. This is his third bag today." She said frustrated.

"Why do I have to tell him to stop?" He sighed.

"Because neither Cap or Aqua are here and your the closest thing we've got right now." She explained.

Virgo gave me a sorry look before following Libra downstairs.

I took a deep breath and stood there for a moment.

A win is a win.

I shrugged and continued my way to my room.

........................................................