Chapter 25 - High School Sweethearts

{Song:
High School Sweethearts
Melanie Martinez}

Libras Pov:

I swung my feet into the booth, looking around at the walls and inspecting the people waking in.

"This is nice Aries, how'd you know about this place?" I asked him as he sipped on his Dr. Pepper.

"My Mom took me here for my birthday a bunch of times." He told me after he finished his sip.

I nodded my head and smiled. I was pretty sure I knew why I was here.

He was a jock who was eager. I was a pretty girl- and what I considered to have a good amount of popularity back home. He wanted people to know the he was dating the Libra Scales. Through, as for me, I didn't feel the need to get anything out of him. He was a nice guy, sure, but if he wanted to use me then I would have to be able to use him too. 'A two way win' as my mom would call it.

"So I never really knew you." I started, "You we're on the football team, right?"

"Yeah, I was. I played for all four years." He said.

"Were you good?" I questioned lifting my eyebrows.

He laughed a little before looking at me and smiling,  "I mean..I think so?"

"You don't seem so confident." I smirked.

"Well, I don't want to be cocky or anything." He shrugged and turned to me, "But you were a  front line cheerleader. I always saw you at our games."

"Yeah.." I said slowly, confused how he remembered me. "How did you know that?"

"You were really good. You always had a girl come and see you afterwards." He explained while taking a bite of his food.

I grinned, "Yeah, that's my little sister."  I glanced up at him, "Do you have any siblings?"

He hesitated before answering, "Kinda. I have a older brother but I don't know him well and he never comes around so it's basically just me and my mom."

He played with his food and I scooted a bit closer to his side of the table. "Why'd you ask me to come here with you?" He looked up from his plate, looking almost taken back.

"What do you mean?"

"Do you want something from me? Money? Popularity? Sex? Because I want to tell you before it's too late that you aren't going to get anywhere." He furrowed his eyebrows and for a moment I thought I said too much- but I maintained my emotions.

"Is that what you think is going to happen?" He tilted his head and I shrugged slightly. "Libra, I asked you here because I like you. I don't know what you expected me to think of you but I can assure you it's a lot more than money and sex." He let his fork go, making it make a slight noise hitting his plate, and fully turned to me.

"You trust me right?" He gave me a innocent stare as if he didn't know where we had been in this exact moment before.

I gave him a 'are-you-serious' look. "I had to trust you Aries, we were being shot at." I told him firmly as he sighed.

"You just don't want to admit it." He took another sip of his drink, like we were on a late night show and he was interrogating me about my 'Newest Romance!'

"Admit what?" I asked not knowing if I actually wanted a answer to this question.

"You're stubborn. You have a vision and you're going to do what it takes to get there. You don't want any distractions. Which in this case, I'm assuming I'm a distraction?" I made a rebuttal before he cut me off and continued. "I understand if you think I'm not good for you, I respect your opinion. But I think you should consider maybe just opening up a little more. To trust more freely, even if it's not to me."

I sat there for a minute and stared at him. "Okay." I said quietly trying not to give him the satisfaction of being right.

He always tried to give me advice on things even if it didn't help at all. I used to think it was to try to get me to fall for him or something stupid. Maybe it wasn't though. Maybe he really did just want to help.

I kind of hope so.

He was nice guy.

Plus, he had a good jawline.

Taurus Pov:

I sat beside Capricorn and Virgo as The Queen talked to us.

I felt bad for Capricorn in a way, it was weird what had happened to him. But when it comes down to shapeshifting or terrifying visions- I felt even worse for Cancer.

"So, what you went through is known as Therianthrope and don't worry- it will get easier to handle." I nodded at The Queen as if I was the one she was talking to.

"What does this mean for everybody else?" He asked her and I leaned in.

"Well, your abilities are coming in quickly. A lot faster than your trainers did and groups before." She continued, "But that's nothing to worry about. That's actually a good sign! It means that you are getting used to your surroundings and are ready for the next step!"

"How do you know that?" Virgo mumbled slightly.

"I suppose I don't. Nothing but feeling. But it's a really good feeling." She got up and clapped her hands. "Capricorn, can you come with me while we discuss your situation a little more?"

He agreed and followed her into another room.

Lucky bastard I thought and turned to Virgo. "What do you think your powers going to be?"

He looked startled for some odd reason, "I don't know. I never thought about it."

"Well you better get to thinking, maybe you could manifest it." That actually wasn't such a bad idea.

"Yeah, sure, I'll get right on that." He slid off his chair and out the door without another word.

With him gone I started thinking about what my power could be.

Super speed? Seems more up Sag's alley.

Super smarts? Definitely more of Virgo's lane.

Super strength? Aries would probably get that.

If I was being totally honest with myself, I didn't really know what 'super power' would fit me. Everyone already got it figured out. Or at least it looks like they do. I just hope that maybe by the end of the year I can have a better idea of who I am. And I guess for now I'll just have to let the universe decide for me.

........................................................

Happy very very very late Valentine's dayyy 💗💗 I know i've been gone for a while but i'm back and i promise i will update more! in the meantime i hope you all are counting the days until Melanie's new album!!! love you byeeee