Chapter 15 - Interlude

{song:
Burnt Norton (interlude)
By: lana del rey}

Pisces Pov:

I drove into the parking lot and before I could even fully stop Cancer ran in the car.

"Hurry, hurry, hurry!" She screamed urging me to leave.

"Okay, okay, okay!" I hit the gas doing as she says, "God, what is your issue?" I glanced over at her while she looked frantically out the window to see if any one was there.

"Just keep going, I wasn't supposed to leave or even tell you this." She said holding a book close to her.

I slowed down a little bit since we were farther from the library now, "Cancer, seriously what is going on? What did you do?"

"I didn't do anything! It's Moon, he said something about someone 'causing trouble'."

"That's what you're so worried about?" I gave her a look.

"No, but he said it like it was serious. Like something might actually happen." She let go of the book and turned to me, "He said that he doesn't know if they'll be able to defeat it."

"Okay, slow down. For all we know this could be nothing serious. It could be a glitch in the system at the very most." I reassured her.

"I'm not talking about a glitch- I'm talking about a person." She whispered to me as if someone was listening to us.

I turned to her then back at the road and then to her again. "Okay, Cancer you're freaking me out. Its probably just some criminal who wants to steal something. This has nothing to do with us."

She sighed before picking her book up, "But maybe it does."

I looked at the dusty purple book cover, "What is that?"

"I'm not sure, but I think I might be able to find out who wants to hurt us."

"Wait is this book real? Who is it written by?"

She sighed "Of course it's real Pi! Did you see that library?"

"Jeez, sorry! What does it say then?"

She began reading from the book, "It says there are supposed to be 13 rulers- one of each kingdom. They should live in harmony and protect each other. Their kingdoms reflect the good of their traits and the prospect of their life. But one day the 13th kingdom and ruler, Ofiuco, got banished and taken away to-"

"Woah, woah, what do you mean 'banished'?"

"I don't know, it doesn't give much information on that part. It just says that something happened and Ofiuco was never seen again. But Moon told me that the person- the one who wants to 'cause trouble' supposedly, they had a fight with them years ago and they didn't take it well."

"Do you think that it could be the person they banished or something?" I was still a little confused how this had something to do with us but I just decided not to fight.

"Maybe, but it also says that after Ofiuco left he was not happy at all and they went to war over it. The war lasted over 10 years and continued on till new rulers came in, called The Planets. AKA our trainers!"

I nodded starting to understand, "But you're so worried and freaked out about this because..?"

She rolled her eyes, "Well, I'm not done yet." She went on, "Apparently the legend goes that Ofiuco will come back in the next 13 years and the new rulers will be able to defeat him."

"Aren't we the new rulers?" I muttered.

She nodded hesitantly.

"Okay, but it said we could defeat him right? So there's nothing to worry about?" I asked.

"Well yeah but it also said.." she got quiet.

"What?" I looked over at her, "What did it say, Cancer?"

She picked up the book and handed it to me. I pulled the car over and stopped it to read.

'As longing as it must be to have a perfect ending, this is not the legend to believe if you want one. Although the new rulers are able to defeat Oficuo, one must die for them to be able to fully overcome him."

The words echoed in my brain as I realized why Cancer freaked out in the first place.

One must die.

..............................................

PLOT TWIST!!!

okay soooo

This chapter literally made me want to bawl my eyes out like it was so hard for what idk😭 I think next chapter will be another short one (you'll see why) also two chapters this week Im killing it right now 😍😍 THANK YOU GUYS #1 IN ZODIAC WHAT THE HELL

THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH OMG❤️❤️