Chapter 52: "How did you propose?"

Bắt đầu từ đầu

"No." Jungkook insists. "I didn't know how to deal when you cry. Right now, I still have no clue how to make it stop." It feels extremely uncomfortable to see Jimin cry. Oh god, Jungkook also can't believe that he can pour that kind of words out from him.

"Then go a-"

"No." Out of instinct, Jungkook pulls them both into another hug, placing his chin on one of Jimin's shoulders. He rubs on Jimin's back. "We'll do it like this." There's an unsure sense in Jungkook's voice.

"What?" Jimin sucks out a breath at another instant hug.

"I think we can do it like this." Jungkook doesn't know much about what to say. He himself is not a man with emotions. Or maybe he is, but he doesn't know how to deliver it very well. All he can think of doing is just to hug Jimin like a fool. As long as Jimin wants. Whenever Jimin needs it. Until Jimin feels better.

"This way, it might help us feel better, yeah?" That strong hand hasn't stopped from rubbing Jimin's back.

What the hell is actually going on?

Who actually ate Jungkook?

Who is this that's hugging him so gently?

How is Jungkook this sweet?

Well, compared to others, it's not extremely soft, but for someone like Jungkook, this is... what's the word? Shocking?

Questions and confusions hit Jimin's mind like a truck, stopping him from escaping from the embrace he's in. This is the kind of comfort he dreamt to get from the taller one. It's the kind of hug he wished to get from Jungkook a long time ago. He's getting it now. This includes those sweet gestures from earlier. For some reason, Jimin can feel that it's genuine. The touches and this hug are genuine.

Right at this moment, Jimin can't seem to find the reason to go against this. The war in his head seems to be calmed. Another wave of tears are coming, and Jimin is not sure anymore if they're tears from sadness.

A sob is being let out. Still, Jimin is not trying to hold back. He just let his tears flow, and Jungkook's clothed shoulder is all wet since Jimin also places his chin on Jungkook's shoulder.

Jungkook is starting to be worried again. It seemed that Jimin stopped crying for a little bit, and now Jimin is crying harder. What is he doing wrong? Jungkook then pulls back again to see Jimin's face. He grabs a piece of facial tissue and wipes on Jimin's face without asking for permission. Jimin won't stop crying. "Jimin, did I do anything wrong?" Jungkook pulls Jimin into his embrace again. A fool. Jeon Jungkook is a fool who doesn't know what to do when it comes to crying? "Do you want me to leave?"

A sob gets even louder. Jimin is not answering , and Jungkook just stays still, thinking. Something in Jungkook's head is telling him that he doesn't need to make the crying stop. Jimin can cry as long as he wants. Jungkook just needs to be determined about sitting here to comfort Jimin until he's fine. All he needs to do is to fight the urges to find the way to make it stop.

"I'll order the press some food." Jungkook pulls away without leaving one of his arms on Jimin's waist while typing on his phone. He needs to entertain those reporters while they're waiting since he's not sure how many hours this will go on. "Done." Jungkook glances at Jimin's face. He notices there's still chewed strawberries in Jimin's mouth, and the smaller one starts to get back to chewing.

How is he supposed to feel about this? Jimin is crying and chewing. How can this be cute?

Jimin lets out a sigh. His upper body bends down. Jungkook guesses that it's because crying starts to get too exhausting. Jimin looks at strawberries on the table, causing Jungkook to glance down on Jimin's hand. The strawberry stick that was on Jimin's hand is now on the floor.