gorgeous

I'm drunk. But I'm not sure if it's from the liquid I've been drinking all night or JJ's presence which is enough to make me feel like I'm on drugs.

We met for the first time tonight when Pope, the first friend that I made since I moved to the outer banks, invited me to a party that he and his friend were attending so I can make some new friends.

Instead of making new friends I'm daydreaming about fucking one of his closest friends.

At first I tried to ignore him by talking to everyone but him. It didn't last long when he noticed my nervous state and started a conversation with me.

"So Augustine, right? What's your story? Why did you move here?" with a smirk on his face he challenges me with questions. It's not a problem tho, cause me moving here is not an exciting story like they except it to be.

"My parents love the ocean, they've always wanted a beach house so we ended up here. Not a very dramatic story, sorry to disappoint you"

"Believe me, I'm not disappointed by your presence in any way" he winks at me and I try not to lose it right there.

He's so hot. The hottest guy I've ever met. And I shouldn't be thinking about how I can leave this party with him given the fact that I pretty much have a boyfriend, I just can't help myself.

There's nothing I hate more than what I can't have.

My boyfriend couldn't care less actually. He's older than me, right now he's probably in a club doing I don't know what. And we're only still together cause our parents are doing business together.

But JJ is just so cool, I hate him for it.

And him touching my hand when nobody's looking then trying to act like it's a mistake isn't really helping the situation.

If he has a girlfriend, I'm so jealous of her, but if he's single that's honestly worse. Cause he's so gorgeous it actually hurts that he's not mine.

At some point of the night someone jumps in the pool making everybody do the same cause the next thing I know is I'm standing by the edge of the pool regretting my life choices.

Pope and his friends are already in the water, waiting for me to join them but I really don't wanna get wet right now.

I just stand there and keep drinking my beer, watching people dance and have fun in the pool when JJ gets out and takes my hand, dragging me along with him.

"Hey you're making me spill my beer!" I complain but he doesn't listen, he keeps taking me somewhere in the house but I'm too drunk to notice that we're going in the direction of the roof.

I notice his intentions when we reach our destination, the strong wind sobering me up, I attempt to make a run for it but JJ catches me right away.

"No! Let me go!" I shriek but he chuckles, his grip around my waist tightening.

"Come on Augustine, have fun a little." He looks at me with those eyes and I'm drunk enough to make reckless decisions so I just give in. How can I say no to somebody like him?

He takes my hand and we go to the edge of the roof.

"On the count of three. Ready? One, two-"

I jump before he says three, pulling him along with me.

The water is cold on my skin, the alcohol I consumed is clearly not enough to keep me warm.

When I resurface, I see people cheering on us, JJ is clearly proud of himself cause he's hyping people up. He may be fine with being the center of attention, but I'm not, so I just get out of the pool with dripping clothes and go looking for some more beer.

I'm down two more cups and didn't warm up even the slightest bit when Pope approaches me with a towel in his hand. I gladly take it from him and wrap it around my body.

"I don't know how you did it, but you just wrapped JJ around your finger in one night." He says and I get red like a tomato.

"I'm sure he's just trying to get in my pants." Which I'm fine with, but of course I don't say that to him.

"Oh I don't doubt that. But he couldn't take his eyes from you since you arrived here. And he doesn't really chase the girls, the girls chase him. So he's different with you"

"Well he didn't make a move so I don't think that he's chasing me Pope. Also-"

"Who's chasing who?" I'm cut off by JJ's voice and his arm wrapping around my shoulders.

"And that's my cue to leave" Pope doesn't even look at me before he turns around and leaves me alone with JJ.

"He's weird. Anyways, I've been looking for you everywhere. Are you running away from me or something?" JJ says

"Why would I run away from you? That's ridiculous." I don't know why but I'm furious at him right now and I can't help but let it show in my voice.

"Woah, what did I do now?" He lifts his hands like he's surrendering.

"You made me feel something for you with two hours of knowing you and I'm so furious at you for making me feel this way." My hand goes flying to my mouth when I realize my confession.

The alcohol is really turning me into someone I am not. At first I just wanted to hook up with him and now I wanna get to know him. Maybe I should go home before I do more things I regret.

JJ is clearly suprised too cause he doesn't speak for a while but then he cups my face in his hands and the next thing I know is my lips are on his lips.

The kiss tastes like beer, weed and mint. My new favorite taste.

When we split up, we stand there with his hands on my face and my hands holding his wrists.

His ocean blue eyes, looking into mine, I feel like I might sink and drown and die right there.

"Who said that you didn't make me feel something for you too?" He smirks at me.

I don't know how I ended up here, kissing a boy I only met couple hours ago but I'm not really complaining.

Cause he's so gorgeous.