Chapter Two

"You're really moving out?" Emily says from where she was standing in front of Liam's room while he packed his things into boxes, Scarlett helping out.

He straightened up from where he was bent to look at his mum who was dressed to the nines.

"I'm not permanently moving out, I just need some time away" He stated calmly.

"Still you are leaving our house, This is your house"

"Mum, the estates I'm moving to is also my house, remember? I have a big project to start soon and I need a peaceful space to prepare for all that, I'll need all the sleep I can get since I'll be waking up early a lot too, there's absolutely no way for me to do that here with all the noise and all.... I'm not saying I'm not coming back, I need a break is all" He said, turning back to Scarlett who just zipped up a big carry on.

"You can take it out, Knox would take it" He tells her as she slightly bowed before dragging the big luggage out, avoiding the woman at the doorstep the best she could, a simple brush against her could lead to a beating and she wouldn't want to do that to herself.

"I'll come pay you a visit the-"

"No, Mum! Please" He sharply cut in, Emily taken aback by the action.

"Wait, what? Were you expecting the question?" She asked.

"No I wasn't, I just- my response just came in sharply" He said.

"Anyways, that's by the way, I need some money for the party, it's not a lot but around twenty million should do-"

"Twenty what? For a party? What kind of party are you even throwing" He almost yelled out in disbelief.

"We have a party, we always do in my women's organisation and it's my turn to host it" She simply replies, nonchalant.

"What kind of party costs that much!?" He asked, voice raising.

"Are you interrogating your own mother right now?"

"I just wanna know what exactly you need that much money for!"

"And I said it's for a party! I'm going to need new outfits, jewellery, shoes, obviously food for my guests and pay for event planning!" she replied, growing agitated.

"And that's gonna cost you twenty million dollars?" He repeated, exasperated.

"I'm not going to repeat myself, just give me the money, I know you have it, the companies have been doing well haven't they? It's on the news and all"

"THERE'S NO WAY I'M GIVING YOU SUCH MONEY TO SPEND ON IRRELEVANCIES, MUM!. We have companies to run, I have workers to tend to, they are Dad's workers and I need to pay them for their work" He stated.

"You mean your workers!" She corrected.

"They were Dad's before they became mine and he left them all in my care, they carry these companies and they actually work for what they earn, extracting 20 million from company funds for you to waste would not only affect the company but me and the workers too, do you want us to go bankrupt?!" He asked, eyebrows furrowed

"Waste? You called my expenses a waste?" She asked, making him regret his statements instantly.

"I don't mean it like that, Mum but I just can't.....it won't be possible"

"It is possible, You're the Boss ,you can do whatever you want" She stated uncaring.

"You think it's that easy?" He inquired in disbelief, expecting an answer from her only for her to look at him like he's speaking gibberish, he sighed; " Mum I told you I can give you any amount to open you a busine-."