Chapter Twenty~Seven

When the sun started to rise beta Garrett comes into the greenhouse. He pauses, looking septically at us before clearing his throat. "Alpha, it's Ghost."

  This grabs my attention. Ghost has been civil since Archer first released him. He refuses to tell us anything other than what he's already said though he has laid off the flirting. However it just drives us in a pointless circle. "Is he okay?"

  Beta Garrett glances at me before looking back at Archer. Archer just motions him to go on. "He is okay, however he says that Wen came to him last night."

Archer stands quickly, holding his hand out to me. I take it muttering a thank you before the three of us head toward the holding house Ghost was put in. Why would Wen be running in and out of the pack lands? How is he doing it without Archer noticing?

Depending on what time he came could mean that Archer was a bit preoccupied with our.... talk. Am I really oblivious? Dense? Or am I just stupid?

  How could I have missed his scent all these years? How could we have been skirting around one another since we were children but yet no real interaction until now? Clearly he was doing more of an avoidance if he had always been there.

I nervously wipe my hands on my jeans letting the men enter the house first. However they lead us to the back of the house and onto the fenced in yard. There are several guards lingering further out but I can smell them. Ghost is waiting for us, sitting casually on the metal chair by the outside table. "You know he went looking for you."

"For me?" Archer asks pointing to himself.

Ghost chuckles. "No, Reag." The nickname is more of an annoyance to me now.

"Why?"

He shrugs. "Guilt? Perhaps he's still as in love with you as I am."

I scoff, crossing my arms over my chest. "Or you're both in love with the idea that I need you. In which I don't."

He puts a hand to his heart, "ouch baby, that one stung."

I put my hands on my hips narrowing my gaze. I used to like being called that, now it irks me. I'm not sure what has changed but something has. Exhaustion creeping in me makes me seem even more bitter. I haven't slept much the past few days. From nightmares to being preoccupied with trying to figure out why Archer was avoiding me.

Then I slept none last night. My mind to preoccupied with Archers mental state and then everything he told me. I'm not sure how to process it. Between Vic, Shell, and Alpha Trevor constantly telling me I need to be less oblivious. How Vic got so worked up when speaking of Isaac, his crypticness the day of the party. What is it he said? Something along the line of Archer has his reasons whether or not they are reasons I correspond to could determine if it's good or bad. 

"Why would he be looking for Reagan."

"Why couldn't he smell her?" Ghost retorts. Wen couldn't smell me? He isn't a tracker by any means but his sense of smell was a good one.

"Because I have scent blocking plants planted at her home so that way an intruder wouldn't be able to find her."

Ghost raises a brow but I turn my attention to Archer. Since when we're there scent blocking plants at my house? I could still perfectly make out everyone scent there. When did he even have the time to do something like that? "You were always the paranoid type."

"Being safe isn't paranoia," he spits back.

Ghost holds his hands up in a surrender mention. "Come on big brother. You're a bit paranoid."