Prologue - On My Own

(Y/N) - Your Name

(L/N) - Last name

(Y/A) - Your animal

(F/C) - Fur colours

(E/C) - Eye colour

(C/C) - Colour of your choice

For this story you will identify as female, however feel free to change this to whatever you feel (the gender of the character is mentioned very little so, yeah) :)

Also, for majority of this story I am going to assume that the animal you are has ears, fur and a tail just to make writing this easier, you can change this according to what animal you are. IDK why I am saying this since no one will read this lol.

For this scene your 13 he is 14

-----

The city was crooked and distorted. No building stood without its bumps and bruises. The sunset lit the city in its golden glow, its soft warm rays hitting your face. A gentle breeze rustled through the town, picking up dust and leaves to accompany it on its journey. For the first time in months, you felt at peace.

The world at rest.

Infinite was defeated.

Closing your eyes, you smiled as you felt the steamy air caress your cool skin, fur tangling in small knots. Tail limply laying on the ground, your arms crossed as you gazed over the broken city. It would take a lot of work before it healed from its scars.

"Hey, you're taking off, too? I was thinking the same thing," the heroic voice of the famous blue hedgehog stated behind you, his footsteps growing louder as he approached you. Your ears twitched in his direction, listening to his words, "you gonna keep moving forward? No matter what, yeah?" Sonic stood beside you, hands on his hips as he gazed over the city himself.

His eyes flicked from building to building. He revealed no emotion, his mouth a flat line as he took in the condition of the city. Facing the blue hero, you remained silent, replying only with a small nod.

Catching your confirmation, the hedgehog brushed the bottom of his nose with his finger, a smirk playing on his face, "Heh, you and I aren't so different." Balling his hand into a fist, he lifted in to you, "See ya later buddy!" Fist bumping him, you give the hero a rare smile, which he gladly returns. With a hop in his step, he rushes off, his blue train glowing through the city streets as he runs, chasing the sunset. Glancing back at you, he gives you a final thumbs up before he disappeared from view.

Fiddling with the grabbling hood that was attached to your wrist, you stared at your feet. You had no plan, destination, or idea of who you were going to be.

Would you remain a hero?

Try to return to your civilian life as before?

Questions plagued your mind. Lifting your wispon from where it sat on your belt, your grip tightened around the weapon. You were afraid. You may have helped to defeat Infinite, but the future was much more scary.

The unknown.

The dark.

The Infinity.

It was too scary. And you didn't know if you could handle it. Gazing down at the device you let it slide from your fingers. It clicked against the cement ground, its buttons and clasps clacking. You only knew one thing... well sort of. When you used the crystal to defeat Infinite, you absorbed some of the crystals energy, its power flowing through your veins. Holding your hands in front of you, you analysed them.

Sure, you didn't know for sure if you got any powers from it but you did feel different. Not stronger but... better?

Facing the opposite direction from where sonic had disappeared, your eyes reflected the similar city landscape that was instead shrouded in darkness. It appeared less hopeful despite receiving the same afternoon sunlight. The moon began to reveal its crescent face, the dusk stars littering the darkening sky.

Your ears flattened. Gulping, you took a single step forward but couldn't move anymore. You were stuck in place.

A flash of cyan glowed behind you, catching your attention. Turning your head to the side, you watched a silver hedgehog slowly float to the ground beside you, his telekinesis providing a warming light even with its cold hue.

Once his feet land on the ground, Silver calmly stood next to you, following your eyes as you both gazed out on the city. Nervously, you fiddle with your hands, picking at the white gloves. His golden eyes caught the sight of your abandoned wispon, his gaze shifting to you. Rubbing your arms, you felt tense under his analytical gaze.

"Nervous?" he softly asked, his gaze turning gentle upon noticing your tension. His quills blew slightly under the wind, barely bending to its influence unlike his chest fur. It tangled as badly as your fur in the breeze. Catching the hedgehog's eyes, you slowly shake you head, confirming his suspicions. "The future can be scary and I should know," he simply stated, shrugging his shoulders at the fact, "But know you, you could handle it easily."

You could see your (E/C) eyes shine in his golden eyes, adding more colour to their golden glow. Your eyes were perked, still processing his words. Shocked, you almost didn't notice as he stuck out a friendly hand. Taking his hand, you shook once in farewell.

"Well, farewell rookie, hope to see you around sometime," Silver gave a toothy grin, his eyes closing revealing his excitement for your next meeting. A genuine smile spread on your muzzle as your heart fluttered, your tail lifting off the floor, swaying side to side faintly. Cyan surrounded the hedgehog as he hesitantly left you, his eyes forced to tear away from yours as he left on his own path.

Your lip quivered, your name wanting to be spoken but couldn't. And by the time you did whisper it, he left. Ears falling, it felt suddenly cold around you. Hugging yourself, you gazed back into the unexplored territory.

Sighing, you wacked your cheeks, trying to slap confidence into you.

Like he said, You can you this. So, lets do this.

You won't survive a second out in the real world.

Lifting your arm that held the grabbling hook, you fired it at a nearby building. As it connected with the brock, you felt yourself get launched. The wind his your face, tail waving in the breeze wildly. Swinging up into the sky, you retracted the grabbling hook, before fired it at another building. Continuing like this, you made it to the edge of the city.

Skidding on the dusty ground, you gazed back at the city. Memories came flooding onto you at once. Some making you smile while others sad.

Your family was gone but you found a new one.

And you knew you would never be the same. With this unknown power coursing through you, you were determined to discover your new ability.

You would make them all proud.

You were going to show the world what you got.