"It was said not to be serious. The wound wasn't deep and the Ironclad Guards are already escorting him back. At the very latest, he would arrive at the Imperial City this evening."

"As long as it wasn't serious. It could be considered a silver lining to withdraw the troops with a little injury at this time anyways." Perhaps this was even planned by Pei Yuanxian.

Hearing that the wound wasn't serious, Shen Liang gradually regained his composure. This time, even if the Ironclad Guards did not take the lead in remedying the tense situation at the Wangyue City, they had made great contributions. If the civilians' hearts were moved by them and made obvious, then the emperor would only become more cautious and vigilant. But if they were to retreat because of a trivial matter, then it would undoubtedly relax the emperor's fears. However, the premise remained the Pei Yuanxian was certain that the dam could be saved, and no large-scale casualties would ensue.

"If Liangliang is concerned and worry, why don't we pay a visit to the Duke of QIngping Palace tomorrow in secret?" Qi Yue watched as Shen Liang fell into deep silence the moment he finished talking and thought Shen Liang was worried. He considerately made the suggestion.

Shen Liang recovered from his trance and couldn't help but laugh: "The injury isn't serious anyways. Why purpose would it serve for me to pay the visit? Currently, there are too many people looking at him. If I went, it would only cause more trouble."

If everything was according to his guesses, then everything had been designed by Pei Yuanxian himself. His injury should be even lighter than what they made it to be. If that was the case, then Shen liang had nothing to worry about.

But what Shen Liang never expected was when the time of Chou approached that night (1-3am), Tianshu and Yaoguang would suddenly materialize in his room and kneel before him suddenly without a word.

"What are the two of you doing?" Shen Liang who had already fallen asleep sat up on his bed with only a thin layer of tunic wrapped around him. Before Tianshu could say anything, Yaoguang suddenly rushed forward: "Liangliang, please save the lord. We can't stop the blood no matter what we tried. The Scholar Xuefeng's medications won't work either!"

"What do you mean?" hearing this, Shen Liang's complexion immediately changed. His horrified gaze locked with Tianshu who appeared more composed.

The latter raised his head solemnly before responding: "It's a complicated matter. Wangfei, currently, the duke has already passed out on our way here due to the excessive blood loss. Right now, the only person who can save him is you. Please come with us."

Shen Liang's guess was right. Pei Yuanxian's injury was indeed planned and deliberate. It wasn't serious at all, but Pei Yuanxian had also underestimated his unique conditions. The medications he normally used had lost effect. Fortunately, his marital foundation was high and was able to endure and make it back. Otherwise, the consequences would've been unimaginable.

"You better give me a reasonable explanation," turning around to look between the two of them, Shen Liang lifted his quilt with a darkened expression. He hurriedly donned a nightgown before tied his black hair into a simple ponytail.

"Lei Zhen, you will come with me," Shen Liang immediately called out to Lei Zhen. Under the accompaniment of Yaoguang and Tianshu, the group of four immediately and quietly left the Marquis Donglin Manor.

Duke of Qingping Palace.

Pei Yuanxian returned home with injuries which only worsened due to the failure of the medications. The entire Duke of Qingping Palace had descended into a long a solemn silence. Even the usually garrulous Steward Lin gazed at Pei Yuanxian's pale, unconscious face with reddened eyes and silence. Only the courtyard physician who took care of Pei Yuanxian's body and health all year round murmured to himself as he browsed through the medical books and attempted to try new prescriptions.