𝟑.𝟗 || 𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐡𝐚𝐦𝐦𝐞𝐫 𝐡𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐝

"Nigga so you don't know how to say 'hi' to people?" Dovi asked Jalen as he and Marcus approached Jalen. They had a class together.

"Didn't know if you wanted me to" Jalen replied. "But wassup you guys? You two good?"

"No" Marcus answered before Dovi could give another sob story about how he can't see his bitch. "Somebody fucked up Sane'ya's house and her mom's giving her shit for it. Now we're not allowed to see her." Jalen felt a pit in his stomach.

Truthfully, part of Jalen's intent was to make the group as upset as they had made him. However, in this moment, he felt shitty. He realized that there was only one thing he and Preston could do before this whole thing got any more worse than it was:

Fix the window.

***

"Y'all wanna hear a joke?" Dovi asked as he hopped inside James' car. He was the last to be picked up. "What's the difference between Mila and Magic Johnson?" James laughed, but the girls didn't understand and Marcus wasn't taking Mila slander.

"You're not funny nigga" he said seriously, making Dovi put his hands up like a cop had ordered him to.

"I don't get it" Mila said, "is Magic Johnson ugly?"

"It's not that" Marcus answered his girlfriend, "he has HIV. He's saying you get around."

"And he's a tall, lanky, goofy, good for nothing black ass nappy haired bitch!" Mila insisted, making James laugh once more. He didn't pick sides, all slander to him was funny.

"Alright pal" Dovi said, "you're lucky your security is here tonight. I'll let you get off scotch free for now."

Sane'ya didn't know that the group was heading to her house, obviously, but they had a plan. Dovi understood Sane'ya's mom's work schedule a little bit, so he knew that she'd been gone by now. He was gonna hurl something light at his kind of girlfriend's window, and the second coming of Rapunzel would hopefully open her window.

"Wait!" You guys!" Mikeyia called as I tried to make my way to the back of the house. "This front window right here is busted, bad. Like, you can fit through it." I came around to see what Mikeyia was talking about, and literally gasped. I ain't notice that shit when Sane'ya's mom was tweaking that day. Now I get why ole lady was mad, damn!

"Holy slut!" I said, and everybody slowly turned their heads to look at me. "Oh," I corrected myself, "my bad. Forgot I wasn't talking to Mila. I meant holy shit." Mila rolled her eyes, she was used to it.

𝐉𝐚𝐥𝐞𝐧

I was now regretting this idea entirely, but I didn't think shit through. I should've known that Dovi was going to attempt to see his girlfriend, the nigga is a simp! And because I was drenched in guilt, I didn't think to actually ask Dovi anything about the situation. Now Preston and I were scurrying to find a place to hide in this kitchen.

I heard Sane'ya's footsteps come down the stairs.

It was dark, and neither Preston or I could see. As we crawled, as gently as possible, Preston accidentally crawled on Sane'ya's, who I supposed was tiptoeing in the kitchen to figure out what the noise was, foot. Sane'ya freaked and ran to light before we could even react.

"Dovi?" she asked, looking at her boyfriend attempting to get through the window, being carried by the group so that he doesn't have to rub his body on any jagged edges. "What are you doing?"

"What am I doing?" Dovi asked, pointing at us, "what are they fucking doing here?!"

Preston, who's whiteness should've told me that he wasn't trustworthy in a situation like this, started singing like a damn cannery. "We broke the window!" he said, "we broke everything! It was supposed to be a harmless prank but then we fucked up the window on accident and just figured we might as well go full commando! But then Dovi told Marcus about how you guys were getting it really bad and couldn't see one another because of what we'd done so we came to pay our dues and fix the window once we seen that your mom was gone."

"What?!" Everybody, except Preston and I, asked in unison. "Why would you two do that?" Sane'ya asked. "You wanted to be trusted and apart of this group, yet act like that. Now I really don't fuck with y'all, that's not cool at all and you know it."

"Okay I get you being mad" I chimed in, "okay, I do. But I swear we didn't mean to do this much damage. We wanted to prank you and once we realized we fucked up, we tried to fix it. Can't we get some recognition on that front?"

"The only recognition you two can get" Sane'ya said, "is being the only two that were personally asked to leave my crib tonight. Get the fuck out before I make y'all get out." Neither Preston or I pushed it.

"Again" I said, while at the door, "I'm sorry. To all of you. I didn't mean to cause all these problems."