Chapter 17

Violet's POV:

My phone is blowing up. I've been getting so many mentions on Twitter, notifications on Vine, and comments and posts on Instagram.

I honestly don't like to brag but I couldn't be any more happier. We were getting tired so we headed back to the hotel.

Nash and Hayes told me that they wanted to take a shower, so I just headed back to my own room.

I got there and there were two little mini gifts on my bed. One from Mahogany and one from my mom.

I smiled and read the note saying;

'Happy birthday Violet! We love you with all of our hearts and we are blessed to have you in our life. Now, time for the surprise. We are gonna send you on a scavenger hunt.

Once you reach your final destination, you'll find your final surprise.

Happy hunting!'

I smiled and grabbed my phone. This was going to be fun. I went down the elevator and hit the lobby.

I went out the door and saw a pink note on a tree. It read:

'Here's your first clue: go to the place where the coffee is amazing.'

I know that Mahogany wrote it and I know the place where to go.

STARBUCKS.

I walk in and the the smell of coffee hits my face. I sigh and I go to the barista.

"Are you Violet?" The barista says. I nodded my head and she handed me my favorite drink, Passion Tea with sweetener.

I smiled and said, "Thank you." I sipped on my drink and the next clue was on the back of the cup.

'Go to the place where kids love to play hide and seek.'

I thought about that one for a moment. Then I started walking towards the park.

The sight of the park was regular. Little kids on the playground. Moms gossiping on and on. Joggers on the sidewalk. A man walking his dog. Then I see someone over at a big tree just standing there looking at me.

Then I noticed, it was Aaron. I smile and jog towards him. I reach him and give him a hug. He gives me an envelope with the note in it.

"Hey, just wanted to say good luck and happy birthday." Aaron says and smiles. I smile back and say, "Thank you." I open the envelope and it says:

'Go to the place where you can sleep and listen to people act.'

Okay, what? I don't get this one. Where can you sleep and listen to people act? That just doesn't make any sense.

I thought about it for at least 5 minutes and I finally got it. The movie theatre.

I ran to the movie theatre and saw Shawn waiting outside on a bench.

"Hey Shawn!" I smile. "Hey Violet. Here's your next clue. Happy birthday!" I thank him and start walking.

'Head to the place where you were promised something.'

I knew the exact place where to go. It made my heart get all warm.

I get to the beach and I see Hayes wearing something that made him 100x hotter. I smile and reach for his hand.

"Hey babe." He says. "Hi handsome." He blushes and smiles. I give him a long hug and he kisses my cheek.

I look at him and say, "You're such a tease." He smirks and says, "I try." He hands me another clue and he also gives me my pennyboard.

"You might get tired of walking so why not ride your penny?" He also had his penny. I take his hand in mine and we walk towards the concrete.

'This is your last and final clue that will lead you to your destination. Go to the place where you have a lot of fun and hang out with friends. And sleep.'

I look at Hayes and he says, "I'm not gonna give you clues." I giggle and think. Then I got it. I smile and put my penny on the ground and ride towards the hotel.

We came to a streetlight and I pressed the button to cross the street. We cross and we ride again. Hayes and I reach the hotel and I sit on an armchair.

"Come on, we're not done yet!" Hayes exclaims. He grabs my hand and leaves my penny on the edge of the door to the lobby. He puts his hands on my eyes and walks me into the lobby.

He walks me more into the room and takes his hands off of my eyes. "Keep your eyes closed!" Hayes says. "I do!" I say back. "Okay now open them!"

I open them and blackness filled the room. Then lights came on and everyone yelled, "Surprise!" I was in tears. "Awhhhh you guys!" I say.

Everyone came up to me and we did a group hug. I smiled as we parted. "You guys really got me. This is amazing. Thank you." Mahogany hugged me and I hugged back.

"Happy birthday LOX." She smiled. "But your LOX." I said back. "Well today's all about you, so ours going to be LOX for a day." I smiled and gave her one last hug.

My mom came up and gave me a tight hug. "Happy birthday sweetie. I love you." She smiled and tears came streaming down.

"Why the tears mom?" She chuckled and said,"I just can't believe that my baby is growing up so fast." I smile and say,"I love you, mom."

"Alright! So, WHOS READY TO PARTY?!?" Cameron yelled. Everyone yelled and Mahogany started playing music. I felt two hands on my waist.

"I wonder who this could be?" I say out loud. He laughs and turns me around. "Happy birthday Violet." I smile and thank him. "So how are you enjoying this?" Hayes asks.

"This is so much fun I never expected it to be this huge." I say looking around. "Yeah well you're special to everyone. So you deserved this."

I kiss his plump pink lips and join our bundle of crazy, yet amazing, friends.

/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/:/

HEY GUYS! I missed you! What's up?

I'm truly sorry for not updating in like forever, I just have been writing this for a few days, but not knowing how to end it.

But now, here it is.

I hope you guys liked this chapter as much as I did.

👽