Oh, no...

He glanced down.

A mess of white hair. A peaceful face. His paw resting on a pale neck, his other hidden under a crumpled white t-shirt, thumb stroking back and forth on bare skin.

A potential mate...

No. No. No.

"No!" He kicked the sprite away and quickly scrambled to the edge of the bed.

"Ah!" Jack's head darted up, looking everywhere with wide, unfocused eyes. "Wh-what?!"

"I was... Y-You were sleeping on me!"

"Sleeping on..." Jack rubbed his eyes and collapsed onto the pillows, holding his chest. "Geez, Bunny, I thought we were being attacked! Is this just how you wake up sometimes? It's so early."

"It's midday! Probably?!" Bunny huffed, trying and failing to squirm free of the blankets he was tangled in. "You were sleeping on me!"

He gave up with the blankets, flexing his paws instead. He could still feel the chill from where he'd been holding Jack.

His head began filling with memories of the night before.

The stories, the laughter, the sudden need to pull Jack close and Jack's unexpected need to be held close...

He was going to burn all the blackberry wine in the Warren. It was the only thing for it.

"Oh. Yeah. That," Jack muttered, his eyes falling closed again. He snuggled into the pillows, blindly reaching out until he clasped Bunny's arm. "I forgot."

Bunny froze at the contact, his eyes flickering over the sprite's fingers as they buried themselves deep into his fur.

It would be so easy to lie down, to pull Jack onto him again, to let him curl up against his chest and doze off and-

What the hell was he thinking?!

"What do you mean, you forgot?" he snapped, shaking his hand off.

"Shh, too loud!" Jack whined through a yawn, stretching over the bed like a cat, peeking coyly at him from behind his arm. "Promise you won't be mad?"

"Not likely," he said bluntly.

Jack hit his forehead on the pillow, pressing into it tiredly before glancing back up. "So, it turns out you're uh, kinda cuddly in your sleep. You've got a pretty tight grip too. I wasn't exactly complaining. I've never been this relaxed. I could have lay here for another five hours. Best sleep of my life. You know, right up until I was kicked. Rude."

I could hold you every night.

Agh!

"Th-that doesn't make sense!" stammered Bunny, something shimmering catching his eye. He looked down, only to see the lightest scattering of frost on his chest where Jack's head had been resting. He didn't feel cold though. Far from it.

He felt warm. Warm all over.

None of this made sense!

Why hadn't he just asked the snow globe for books and let the sprite take the couch? They could have spent seven days ignoring each other and have been done with it. He-

"Bunny, what's wrong?" A hesitant hand found Bunny's arm again but this time, the fingers didn't burrow. "I should have woken you, right? I wasn't thinking. I was being selfish."

Bunny caught Jack's troubled eyes, and he barely resisted the sudden (and near overwhelming) urge to take his hand. "No, Jack. That's not what... I didn't mean..."