Interview

Jans POV:

Today is the day of the interview. I'm so fucking nervous. I just wish Julia could be here with me. 

Sitting in the backseat of the taxi, I watch as the trees pass one by one. The radio softly plays lofi music, creating a peaceful atmosphere on this beautiful spring morning.

My hair is styled in a small bun with a few loose strands framing my face.  I'm wearing a colourful sweater paired with light blue jeans that Julia had picked out for me. She's practically my personal stylist - always knowing what's best for any occasion.

As I nervously scratch my neck, the taxi driver taps his fingers on the steering wheel, keeping beat with the music. Finally, we arrive at our destination. I thank and pay the driver, stepping out of the black car and close the door behind me.

Now, I just need to figure out which entrance is the right one. I open my phone and read the message repeatedly. It's the second entrance, on the fourth floor. 

I enter through a glass door and greet the receptionist before making my way to the elevators.

The cramped place is already crowded with people, but I somehow manage to squeeze in (Need A Break music video?). I press the button for the fourth floor and lean against the cool wall, trying to calm my nerves. After a while, the elevator stops, and I step out onto my designated floor.

I find a seat on one of the small ottomans behind the correct door and try to make myself comfortable. A lady opens the door and immediately embraces me upon seeing me. It's a bit awkward, but I don't want to make a big deal out of it, so I let it slide. We exchange a few words before entering the room. She introduced herself as Jane. She is the interviewer. Her hair is black and eyes a shade of muted green.

Jane gestures for me to sit on a white couch and brings over two bottles of water, one for each of us. I get to know the small crew, and after a few minutes, we begin with the interview. Everything was going smoothly until she started asking about me and Julia.

"I've noticed that you and Julia seem to be quite close. Is there something more than friendship forming between you two?" she asks with a smirk. I shift uncomfortably on the couch, feeling a bit caught off guard. "No, there's nothing for you to worry about," I respond with a serious expression. I feel quite satisfied with my answer, considering it's my first interview.

After a few more questions, Jane wraps up the conversation. I stand up and say quick goodbyes to the crew members before hurriedly leaving the room. As I sit down on a bench outside, massaging my forehead and closing my eyes, I can't help but wonder how Julia will react to the interview.

Do I even want to pursue this music thing? Of course I do. Why am I trying to lie to myself? Shut up Janek.

After a while I rose to my feet and continued my journey home, this time choosing to walk instead.

 Along the way, I stopped by a cozy flower shop and purchased some yellow tulips, as recommended by the store owner. I paid, smiled, and left.

Just as I'm closing the door, my phone rings. It's Julia.

"Can you pick up some more antibiotics from the pharmacy?" she asks, coughing intermittently. "Anything for you," I reply, already heading towards the little shop. She hangs up and I quickly grab what she needs before continuing my way.

As I approach the apartment complex, I notice the creepy man Julia had mentioned looking out the window, this time directly at me. I respond by flipping him off and continue my way. Finally I reach the metal door of our building.

No elevator? No problem. I sprint up the stairs like here's an emergency. At this rate, I'll be ready for a marathon if I keep this up every day. The neighbours dog barks at me as I finally reach the correct floor. He apologises and pulls the dog away. I sweetly smile in response.

I open the door to our apartment and the smell of apple pie fills my nostrils. Julia had turned on the radio as well.

 "You're baking?" I yelled over the music while untying my shoelaces. She slightly turns it down and steps out of the kitchen. "Yep," she poses in my grey apron, giggling.

I walk over to her, hiding the flowers behind my back. "How did the interview go?" she asks, putting her hair up in a ponytail. "Eh. I wish you could've been there," I reply, scratching my neck. She stops me, concerned. 

"Jan, baby. Stop, your neck is already so red," she gasps, lifting my chin to examine it closely. "I'm sorry, I can't help it. I'm a nervous wreck," I chuckle, melting to her touch.

I present her with the tulips, slightly bowing. Her eyes light up with joy. "You're so sweet," she says, kissing my cheek. I smile and return the gesture. Together, we make our way to the kitchen. I ask how she's feeling as I place the medication on the table and take a seat on one of the wooden chairs. 

"A lot better," she replies, a hint of excitement in her voice. She cuts the freshly baked apple pie into even slices.

"That's good to hear. Do you think you feel good enough for a walk?" I inquire, taking a piece of pie and wrapping my arm around her waist. Julia considers it for a moment before shrugging and agreeing, "Sure, some fresh air would be nice." 

We enjoy our pie, but the question about our relationship lingers in my mind. How will Julia react to the interviewer's question? It's definitely a conversation we need to have, but for now, I want to focus on the present moment and enjoy our time together.

After finishing our dessert, we clean up the kitchen and prepare for our walk. Julia grabs her coat and I help her put it on. As we step outside, hand in hand, I feel a sense of calm wash over me.

We stroll through the neighbourhood, taking in the sights and sounds of the bustling city. The spring air is crisp, and the sun casts a warm glow on our faces.

But

What will Julia say...

.................................................................................
What will she say?
Is she going to understand?
If you liked this chapter please vote, comment and follow.
Leave all suggestions in my DMs on Instagram or TikTok
@/JannOurBbg
❤️❤️