Chapter 11 - Fuck Him!

Nesta lifted her gaze to Eris' face before he flung her away from him, their bodies only connected by their hands as she outstretched her arm, lifting onto her pointed foot, her other leg extended behind her as she paused, as if caught in slow motion, the music resting before he released her, her body in a perfect arabesque.

In a fluid motion, Eris spun away from her, grasping toward Mor, leaving Nesta on stage right, her arm outstretching toward the gilded ceiling as her breath caught in her chest, her calf muscles straining as she focused on stretching her smile.

White swan.

She breathed and relaxed, dropping down to the studio floor as she heard Cassian's jolly clap from the front row of the audience.

"Fabulous." He grinned at them, taking the stairs two at a time to join them, clapping Mor on the back as he strode across the stage.

The trio had begun working out their routine in the company theatre twice a week now that they were getting closer to the performance. A pas-de-trois was a tricky performance and Cassian wanted to be certain that it was mapped out to perfection before the showcase.

"I'd agree with that sentiment," Eris whispered the compliment toward Nesta's ear, causing a flush to ripple up her neck.

She ducked her head. "Thank you."

Eris returned her shy smile with his signature smirk before tossing a chilled chin-up gesture to Cassian and sauntering off the stage.

Nesta's eyes followed his long strides until he was out of the auditorium, her mind flashing back to the evening before– Eris' invitation...

'we could really be something Nesta.'

Tearing her eyes away from the danseur, she turned, her hands clasped in front of her hips only to find two sets of eyes staring at her, a mixture of disgust and confusion plastered across Cassian and Mor's faces.

Nesta's smile vanished, her hands twisting to cross in front of her chest as she cocked a hip, raising a brow. "Are we done here?" She looked at Cassian cooly, willing her mind to ignore the hurt blooming behind his eyes.

But Cassian did not meet her fire with fire. He offered a gentle nod instead, turning away to scoop up his belongings.

Mor glanced between the two of them before following Nesta to the tote bags, nestling on the stage floor beside the ballerina, unwinding her pointe shoes in a flurry.

"You know," Morrigan began, her voice quiet as Cassian exited the stage door, leaving Mor and Nesta alone in the auditorium. "I think you should be careful with Eris."

Nesta's face shot up, her eyes narrowing as she surveyed the platinum blonde. "And that is your business because—" she feigned a mock expression of surprise, "oh yes that's right. It's NOT your business."

Rolling her eyes she tossed her shoes in her tote bag and stood up in a flourish.

"I'm just looking out for you." Mor's voice was quiet, her own hands pausing their work on her ribbons, her face crested with anxious concern.

"I can look out for myself. Thanks." Nesta's lips dropped into a hard line as she turned on her heel, exiting the stage in a flourish.

Who did that girl think she was? Coming into the company, flirting with Cassian... trying to stop Nesta from starting something with Eris... what a selfish bitch.

Nesta frowned as she took the hallway at a quick speed, her Chanel flats sliding across the floors as she frowned. She didn't think she'd ever get used to Mor.