Chapter 8 - Hello, Padme

Nesta paced the length of the apartment living room, her feet padding lightly on the plush ivory carpet as she crossed and uncrossed her arms.

There had been no practice today.

No way to see if she was royally fucked-over, no way to see Cassian's face.... no way to see if she still had a spot in the solstice showcase.

She let out a sigh, her shoulders tightening and relaxing as she paced between the coffee table and couch.

"Nes are you ready? I want to head to Rita's in twenty minutes. Rhys has just arrived with the towncar!" Feyre's voice called out from the other side of the apartment, her head peeking out from her bedroom door as Nesta tossed her sister a nod.

Rhysand was escorting the sisters out on the town tonight, specifically to his favorite bar Rita's. The entire city was celebrating the mid-autumn festival, all of Velaris dressing up in costumes and getting drunk. Marching into her room, she shook out her tight arms and pulled at the bottom of her mini-dress. Stopping in front of the floor-length mirror leaning against her blue bedroom wall, Nesta surveyed her costume.

Tugging at the white lantern sleeves gathered at her wrists, she bit her lip and furrowed her brows. Reaching up, she patted the enormous dark buns coiled on the sides of her head covering her ears before reaching toward the turtleneck of the white mini dress, smoothing the fabric.

Princess Leia. Or at least... she hoped she looked like Princess Leia.

Reaching toward the white patent-leather knee-high boots on the floor, Nesta tugged one up her slender leg and pulled the zipper up, smoothing her nude tights. Her dancer's legs were peeking out from the swishy white bottom of the dress, showing off her thighs.

Princess Leia looked kind of sexy to be honest.

As she angled her hip to the side, checking out her backside, Elain floated through the room from the bathroom, muttering to herself. Her curly brown hair was gathered behind her head, save for two golden embroidered nets covering buns over her ears. An embroidered headband crossed her forehead, the gold matching the tight golden corset and flowing drop sleeves embroidered with pink floral designs. Her skirt cut off mid-thigh, short like Nesta's, with golden strappy high heels lacing up her delicate legs.

Padme.

Or as Elain declared– Padme falling in love in the meadows on Naboo.

Nesta had no idea their middle sister was such a nerd.

"He's here!" Feyre popped her head into the bedroom before dashing to the front door, her hair pulled back into three small buns behind her head.

Her shoulders were draped with crisscrossing grey flowing fabric across her chest, matching the armbands winding up her muscular arms, though their youngest sister had also opted to show some leg, wearing short shorts and knee-high black boots.

Rey.

The sisters always liked to go as a matching set for mid-autumn festivities growing up, and since rejoining one another in Velaris, they decided it was time to recreate the tradition. They had narrowed down the options to the ladies of Star Wars or Totally Spies, and Elain had won the debate when she complained that she didn't want to wear a wig.

Nesta was keen to give Elain whatever the hells she wanted ever since finding out about what had nearly occurred on these mother-forsaken streets last night. She scowled, smoothing the skirt of her dress as she felt her rage bubble and boil again.

Elain, the poor darling fawn, alone and stumbling in the dark streets of Velaris, chased by a fucking inbred monster... hells no.

A giant scowl framing her face, Nesta sauntered out of the bedroom, her eyes locking onto the newly arrived Rhysand who was admiring his girlfriend, spinning her in the dining area as she laughed, swatting his black-gloved hand away from her bare thighs.