Chapter 9

The armed officers set out from the police station. The prints of blood had faded away by now, but they knew their way to the cave. Once they got there, they found that nobody was home. "Think we should head deeper into the cave?" The female officer asked. "No," The chief replied, "We'll just wait here and ambush them when they get back. And if that monster doesn't have Asura, we kill him anyway. Good riddance; that freak has controlled our town for too long."

"Asura!" Terra yelled. It looked like he had just dived into the water. "Um.." he hesitated, waiting for Asura to come back up. After about a minute, Terra glanced at Willow with a nervous look, then dived into the water after Asura. Once he got under the water, Terra opened his eyes. The water stung, but he had to save Asura. He saw a shadow under the water, descending at a rapid speed, and followed it. Terra was an excellent swimmer; he caught up to the shadow just after it reached the lake's bottom. He could barely see; it was dark, and the water made Terra's vision blurry. Still, he deciphered the shadow as a siren- and Asura. He grabbed Asura's arm and tried to pull him away from the siren, who in turn pulled Asura back and hissed at Terra, then looked deep into his eyes. Her mouth moved but he couldn't hear a thing. He kept fighting to save Asura, and eventually freed him from her grasp. He swam as fast as he could towards the surface, as he had realized that he was losing energy - and oxygen. As he reached the surface, he took a huge breath, and hauled Asura, who had passed out, onto the boat. It seemed that Willow had been getting ready to go in after both of them. "Oh, good, you found him," She said as Terra climbed onto the boat. "Yeah," he replied, and took the oars. He brought them back to shore as quickly as possible. "Asura, wake up. You're okay," Terra whimpered. "You need to give him CPR," Willow explained with a mischievous smile. 
"Right. Er.. What do I do?" Terra asked. "Wait," he added, "No. You can do magic. Get the extra water out of him that way."
"Terra, if you haven't noticed," Willow explained, "I don't exactly have my potion-making materials with me. So CPR is thirty chest compressions and two breaths. Get started, we don't have time to waste."
"Er.. right," Terra said, and immediately started the chest compressions. Once he was done, he paused for a second and looked at Willow.
"What?" She asked.
"You know how to do CPR. This is new to me. Maybe you should do it."
"I've got to go get materials from my cottage in case this doesn't work," Willow explained, and left. Terra looked back at Asura. "Here goes…" he thought. He brought his lips to Asura's, and right when they touched, Asura woke up. Willow had done a spell from behind a tree. She giggled slightly as she came out into the open, having been able to do the spell without her potion materials the whole time. Terra's face was bright red. He tried to explain himself but found that he was too nervous to speak. "I.. er…" was all he could muster. "Terra? What happened?" Asura asked, "There was this… beautiful voice. That's all I remember. But… I didn't hurt anyone, did I?" He sat up, worried. 
"Er, no," Terra mumbled, still red in the face. "A siren pulled you underwater," he explained. 
"It.. it was a siren?" Willow asked. 
"Yeah," Terra confirmed, "I think she tried to sing to me too but I was already underwater, so I couldn't hear it."
"And Asura heard it?" Willow asked.
"I did," Asura stated.
Willow looked disappointed.
"What does it matter?" Asura asked, "I'm okay…"
"Yeah, you are. It.. doesn't matter," Willow answered.
"Willow. We need to talk," Terra growled. He'd finally realized why Asura woke up when he did.
"Sure," she answered.
"I'll… just go up ahead," Asura said, and stood up to head back to the cave, but found his hand locked into place.
"Wait. I'll talk with her later," Terra said, letting go of Asura's hand. "I just saved your life. I don't want to do it twice in one day. There are dangers in this forest. Stick with me." Terra ordered.
"That siren was really something, wasn't she?" The ghost asked Asura. "Don't talk to me like that," Asura whispered, "We're not friends."
"What?" Terra asked, "I didn't hear you."
"Oh! Nothing, sorry. I was just talking to myself," Asura clarified.
They made it to the cave.