Chapter 1

Asura woke up in the middle of the night to the sound of knocking on his front door. The television was on in his room. "Hm.. guess I forgot to turn it off." He said to himself. He went to get the remote, but then he heard his name. He turned his head. It was a reporter on the television. "We have identified the murderer as no other than detective Asura Hinode, who, until this dreadful event, has had a perfectly clean record. No criminal activity whatsoever. Not even a speeding ticket. And yet, this video clip clearly shows that he is not trying to hide his identity- " Asura turned off the TV. The knock on the door sounded again, along with a voice. "Asura Hinode, this is the police. Come out with your hands up. You are under arrest."
"I.. didn't do that." He thought, staring at the blank television screen. "I must have been framed."
"Shit! The police!" He whispered, "They won't believe me!"
"I.. guess I'd better get out of here." He went to the window in his room, and opened it as silently as he could. "People will recognise me..." he thought, and grabbed a hoodie to hide his face. He tried to put it on as he climbed out of the window, and fell into the bushes. Luckily, it wasn't very loud, and he had time to sneak away. "Okay. Now what? I'm usually on the other side of this process, being a detective and all," he thought. But that gave him the upper hand. He knew how this worked. He couldn't just go to a friend or family member's house, because those would be the first places they searched. So where could he go to hide? The forest was too common and too harsh. Many criminals went there thinking they were tough enough to survive in the wilderness, but found that they weren't, and turned themselves in. "Not that I'm a criminal, of course," he thought. "After all, I would have remembered doing something like that. Right?" Then a memory popped into his head. 11 years ago, when Asura was 10, he had gone mushroom hunting with his father, but being an extremely curious child, the sound of a painful howl caught his attention, and he followed the noise. He found another boy his age trapped in a bear trap, crying. He had wolf ears and a tail, but was clearly in pain, so Asura helped get the bear trap open. "I'm Asura. What's your name?" He asked the werewolf. "I- I'm Terra," the wolf shyly responded, with a slight smile. "Thank you for saving me." "Of course!" Asura responded. "Of course! Terra!" Asura had read in the newspaper a few days ago about a werewolf living in the cave right by his town. The local villagers had always stayed away from that cave, but only recently had the so-called monster been identified as a werewolf. "He wouldn't hurt me, though, right? I mean... I saved his life," Asura thought, and headed towards the cave.