🌟7: The inherit romance of inviting your homie to your house🎈

It became a routine for Tsukasa and Rui to meet up everyday. During Tsukasa's patrols, and during Rui secret search mission.

On the bright side, Rui could sense more and more of Aoyagi's aura on him, confirming his initial hypothesis. On the other hand, the more he spent time with his increadibly attractive not-so-new-anymore friend, the more Rui feels it was gonna be harder to try and manipulate the guy to hand over some precious intel.

'Did I just describe him as attractive?!' Rui thought as he slammed his hands on his desk. Nene, who happened to be napping on his lap, hissed. "Dude what the fuck?!" she complained, slithering off of him.

"Nene!!!!!!!!" he groaned, extending the "eh" sound too long. That was the Rui signal for 'need to rant please help'.

Nene sighed. "What?" she asked. "Is it about your new 'friend' again? If it is, hold the wedding, Juliet. Too early." she raised her hand. "Nene, not helping!!! I'm really in a pickle here!" he dramatically waved his arms around.

The green haired criminal rolled her eyes, but listened.

"So, the plan was originally for me to pretend to be his friend but now it derailed... I genuinely enjoy being around him- and I can't bring myself to hurt him, what do I do?!" Rui ranted. "I kinda put this on myself but that's not the point! I need to somehow ruin our friendship but..." he bit his lip. Now it was Nene's turn to speak.

"Rui, you don't need to ruin your friendship for intel. Earn his trust, y'know?"

Rui nodded. Whatever would he do without her?

"For a guy who's borderline insane, you're a massive softie, you know that?" she sighed endearingly. "Oh and by the way, your ink spilled."

Well... you can't spell "ruined notes" without "rui".

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Kaito tapped his fingers on his knee. "What's taking Kamishiro so long?" he muttered. Sure, he trusted Rui, but for him to be silent for three weeks was worrying him. Yes, he was a cold-hearted rebel that has beaten knights for information, yes he had trained assassins under his belt, but they were like family to him!

...

Well maybe all of them except Toya. But that's besides the point!

'What if a knight caught him and he was burned at the stake!? What if one of Aoyagi's dragons ate him?! What if-' his train of thoughts were cut off when he heard gum pop. "Yo boss, what are you so worried about?". Ah, Meiko.

"Kamishiro hasn't given me a status update and I'm worried about hi-" he looked at Meiko's smug face, "-s mission! Yes, yes, he hasn't given any updates regarding his plans."

Meiko rolled her eyes and slapped the rebel on the shoulder. "Relax, if you're so worried why not send him a telepathy message?" she suggested. "Or better yet, send someone."

Kaito thought. Yes, he should do both. "Whatever would I do without you, Meiko?" he wondered aloud. "Heh, shrivel up and die I guess." she mocked.

.
.
.
.

Rui was at the cliffside contemplating. He had to somehow get to the other side of the mountain if he wanted to reach his target and he damn well knew he couldn't do it on foot.

"I know!" he exclaimed to himself, spooking a couple of crows nearby. He could just make something, but that would take up too much time! Maybe, since this is Mysticum Monte, he could ask Tsukasa to summon a dragon and take him there?

It's not a solid plan, but at least he has an option now. It was nine in the morning, Tsukasa should be here any minute now.

.
.
.
.
.
.

As per usual, the entire morning was spent just chatting and catching up. Rui found some people in Tsukasa's workplace to be quite entertaining. Akiyama, Shinonome, Kagamine... all names that were completely new to Rui (although truth be told, they felt familiar). And they would continue their chat if it wasn't for the rain!

"Dagnabbit..." Tsukasa cursed. "This is gonna take forever to wash..." he mourned his laundry, realizing how smelly his uniform was gonna be.

"You could come to my place?" Rui offered. 'Oh great job, Kamishiro! Invite a knight to your house full of rebel intel and housing a wanted criminal! Nene is gonna kill me...' the sorcerer thought, regretting his decision.

"Oh I can't-! I need to finish my patrol and report to the king!" Tsukasa waved his hands. "But you'll get sick. And it looks like it's gonna be strong. Listen, you can just warm up by the fire place and I'll lend you an umbrella. Sound good?" Rui offered.

Tsukasa pondered for a bit before agreeing.

.
.
.
.
.
.

"I'm back!" Rui called. "Dude what the hell! I just mopped!" Nene complained, seeing Rui get mud all over the place. "Aha, I brought a guest!"

Tsukasa removed his boots and entered the house. And immediately, there was tension.

"Oh. Hello, Kusanagi." he greeted. "G-general?!" Nene stared wide-eyed at him. "Yeah, I'm a general I know. No need to be so formal." Tsukasa dismissed.

Oh dear.

Nene dragged Rui to her study. "Are you fucking stupid?! Look, I was fine with you being all googoo eyes for the general, as gross as it was, your life is empty enough already. But inviting him over?! That's a level of stupidity only he's capable of!". To say Nene was angry would be an understatement.

No, no, no, she was fuming.

"Look, he'll just sit by the fire place, get dry and scram! Nothing more! Promise!" Rui reasoned.

Nene rolled her eyes. "If we get arrested right now... so help me Kamishiro Rui the king would be more merciful.."

"Scary..." Rui thought.

.
.
.
.

The two walk back into the... now clean living room? Tsukasa was sitting on the floor beside the fire, his cape was neatly folded next to him.

"Ah, apologies. I finished mopping the floor. There was absolutely no way I'm sitting on a muddy floor in white pants." he excused.

Nene let out a hum. "Okay you can keep him. He's more useful than you.". "Thank you for the kind words, Nene." Rui replied.

"Oh, Kusanagi. Your case was dropped. You're free. You can thank Emu for it." Tsukasa just stated nonchalantly.

The two friends' eyes widened. "Fufu, congratulations, Nene." Rui ruffled his best friend's hair, who pouted.