🌟3: Non-paying hours🎈

Akito groaned. "He still ain't coming?" he asked his senior. "Not a budge. Said he doesn't wanna be involved with either sides anymore and honestly? Can't blame him."

The tension between the rebels, and the monarchs and nobles was ever growing. To the point where there have been several accounts of assassinations, theft and kidnappings done by the rebels to further intimidate the nobles. And then, in retaliation, all rebels that were caught were immediately sentenced to public execution. No trial, no chance of being pardoned. Nothing. Money was the only chance a rebel can use to get out of it.

To make matters worse, majority of the rebels were part of the working population and the poor. How did Tsukasa know all this? That's another story for another time. Point is, unless you were rich, say bye to your rights.

"By the way, I haven't seen you all week. Where've you been? Toya's aking about you." now it was Tsukasa's turn to ask a question. Akito grunted. "It's so fuckin' stupid! The king wants me to work an extra five unpaid hours from Monday to Saturday and I can't even have Sundays off because of my retail job and it's the only day I have for school!" he ranted.

"I know we're short on men but I'm only sixteen damn it! And unpaid?! I feel like that's worse!" he slumped into a chair and sighed. "I joined the training because it was mandatory but then they started pulling well performing recruits into the ranks to compensate for the assassinated members without any questions. I hate this. I never wanted to be a knight, I wanted to be a musician."

Akito shook his head. "Sorry for oversharin'." he looked at his senior dead in the eyes. "You're a general right? How come you don't get any extra work? And how come you know where Toya is but refuse to tell anyone other than me?"

Tsukasa hummed. He pointed at the red rose pinned on his chest and winked. "It should be obvious." "I don't follow."

Then Akito realized. "You unfaithful bastard." he smirked.

.
.
.

Speaking of working hours, Rui was scouring the forest again. "That knight hindered my search! But I could sense a bit of Aoyagi-kun's aura on him. If I search the area some more then perhaps I can pick it up. Clearly he hasn't mastered the cloaking spell." he murmured to himself.

He did some brainstorming. If he could earn this knight's trust, perhaps he could use it as a means to find Aoyagi and complete his mission. He could also use this as an opportunity to earn more intel regarding the happenings inside of the palace. If his hypothesis is correct, Aoyagi Toya should be somewhere near the dragons' most active area; Mysticum Monte. The very outskirts of Wonderland Mountains and the Kingdom of White as a whole.

If this knight had traces of his target, then it would mean he frequently goes to where that traitor is.

Rui smiles to himself. He finally has a plan, he just needs a way to initiate it.