🌟4: Operation befriend the knight begin!🎈

Another day of having an incomplete assassination mission. However, Rui now has a lead! As long as he managed to pick up even just a smidge of Aoyagi's aura, gather intel and the likes...

"Rui where the hell are you going? It's 9:30." Nene asked. "I'm going out to search!"

"Couldn't you have done it in the morning? Y'know, while the sun was out?"

He couldn't tell her that his objective was to not only continue his solo search, but to get this particular knight's routine. And based on past observations, he seems to be more active in these mountains at night during weekdays.

Whether the knight was aware of his little stalking side mission or not wasn't important. He just hopes he wasn't too creepy. This could be his closest lead to where Toya might've hid.

"...Alright I can't stop you. Just don't wake me up and be. Careful." Nene dismissed, going to her room, emphasizing the word careful a little too much.

"Hmph. I'm always careful." Rui pouted.

.
.
.
.

"My, my! It appears I caught myself a pest!" the same knight from before managed to pin Rui down again. "A pest? You wound me." he sarcastically answered, pushing the tip of the sword away from him. The only response that earned was it being pushed slightly closer to his neck.

How did he end up in this situation? He did not take Nene's advice and scooted too close to the knight's patrol ground.

In normal circumstances, he could've instantly fried this knight right then and there, but this was his only lead.

"Ah! Certainly a knight as charismatic as you would understand a harmlessly feeble sorcerer such as myself!" Rui acted. The warrior scoffed. "Praise me more, o mighty sorcerer! Speak highly of my name for it is what I deserve!" he laughed. "But I do not accept praise from outlaws." he finished.

"How rude! First you call me a pest and now an outlaw?"

The arrogant man looked at Rui with a deadpan expression. "Your picture is literally in the exile list, and this part of the forest is still property of the kingdom. And judging by your attire and how you managed to aggravate the dragon last time, you're possibly a rebel." he deduced.

He put his sword away. "But because I'm nice, I'll spare you once again." "It's totally not because you're my exiled partner." goes unsaid as he turns away from Rui.

Rui took this opportunity to try and lessen their barrier. "Wait! Uh. What's your name?" he asked. "Tenma. Tenma Tsukasa. Remember that name! Although I doubt we'll meet again so seeya!"

Why did that name feel so familiar? Come to think of it, the vibe of this guy gave Rui a sense of deja vu, as if he already met him. But he was walking away!

"Hey wait!"