The pain from Ella's slap was so unbearable that I thought for a moment that my cheek had blistered. I slowly sat up from the floor, feeling more shame and rage burning inside me from the students who had seen me treated like a riffraff. I was just reduced to trash.

I had never been so embarrassed this way, and as the pain on my cheek reduced a bit, I began to stand to my feet, slowly giving way to my wolf, who was almost going mad with aggression.  She was swearing with my life that Ella wouldn't be alive after she was done and was begging me to give her the chance.

"She will surely pay with her life. I don't care what it might take." My wolf howled, kicking and clawing at her cage as she urged me to allow her to take over.

"I think it's the best thing to do. She had crossed the line. She is the daughter of our sworn enemy, and that's part of why we are here. Let's start with her. When she dies a terrible and torturous death, everyone will dread me more and realize how cruel I can be." I bellowed to myself, about to give way for my ruthless wolf, but just then, someone grabbed my arm tightly.

"Let's go." I suddenly heard my brother, Randy, speak to me from behind as he pulled me away, heading opposite the path that Ella had taken.

"Go where?! We should be launching a deadly attack on her now for slapping me!" I shouted in tears, but he shook his head in disagreement, forcing me to follow him to wherever he was heading.

His face was as cold as ice, and those eyes were brimming with fury, threatening to break out and wreak havoc, but they seemed to be filled more with frustration. I knew my half brother well; he could never let anyone who hurt me go scot free without dealing with them immediately.

What is going on?

"That Ella of a girl did this to you. She will pay dearly for it!" He seethed, his voice slightly above whispers as if he were struggling to talk.

My eyes narrowed at him as I quickly asked.

"Is this Randy or someone else!"

My question made him throw a sharp glance at me before turning away. I saw the uncertainty and nervousness in his eyes.

"What are you saying? We can't do anything for Ella. Didn't you notice it?" He sighed, and my confusion went so wild that I couldn't even find the particular question to ask him anymore.

We descended to the basement of the school, and he took me to an empty room there that seemed to be abandoned. He locked the door behind him and nudged me to sit on the only chair there while he stood and folded his arms, those pair of golden brown eyes disturbed me as they rested on me.

"Randy, what ...."

"We are becoming losers!" He snapped, strangling me off my words. I flinched and gaped at him, squinting my eyes in anxiety.

"You are lucky that Ella spared your life. Why did you call her a demon?" He was almost raising his voice at me this time as he grimaced, gnashed his teeth, and slid his fingers through his hair aggressively.

"Randy, have you gone nuts? Tell me what is going on and stop acting all mysterious!" I yelled in annoyance while he took a deep breath and stepped closer to me, his face grimaced into a deep frown as he squinted his eyes in what seemed like utter frustration.

"Ella is no longer who she was before now. She isn't that little helpless girl we could crush and stamp under our feet anymore. Her powers are immeasurable and have made her invincible beyond our knowledge. She had become something we can never destroy, and it seemed to be growing rapidly." He paused and exhaled heavily while I gawked at him with my mouth agape as panic coursed through me like lightning.

I shuddered and shook my head, narrowing my eyes at Randy as I prayed and hoped he would tell me he was joking. My lips were trembling, and I was blinking inquisitively, swallowing the huge lump forming in my throat endlessly.

What he just told me was like a horror tale that was bound to haunt me forever.

"Since I came to this pack, I have been extremely observant and acting meticulously, prying and spying on every move of those werewolves, Scarlett and Ella, who are the only students coming from the Red Moon pack. I visited the red moon pack this morning in disguise. That was when I saw Ella walk in as a transformed girl with magic powers. She killed one of the hefty royal guards who attacked her so easily in less than 5 seconds!" He breathed, hissing silently.

"This means she isn't a normal wolf?" I asked, and he nodded.

"She is one of the rarest werewolves, endowed with celestial powers by the moon goddess to enable her to destroy the devil's agents, which are the demons." He answered calmly, giving me a weary look, which I clearly understood.

Ella was the true mate to Dracula, and just as the Lycan King's letter stated, she was the right one to join forces with the Lycan Prince to stop the demon's invasion. This meant I was ruined already.

"All our plans to get married into the Lycan kingdom and gain the power, authority, and force to destroy Alpha Darren of the Red Moon Pack were all shattered in a blink. With Ella's new strength, Dracula will know instantly that she is the one to help him destroy the demons. He will eventually realize Ella was the fated mate of the moon goddess." I sulked, tears pouring down my cheeks as my heart thumped fast in a profound feeling of sadness and heartbreak at the fact that I would lose the only man my heart had ever beat for.

After all the charms, lies, deceit, and sacrifices....

"Not only that will happen; your life is also in danger if Dracula exposes you to his family! According to the Lycan kingdom rule, any girl found to have performed the forbidden fake mate bond charm on anyone will be put to death by beheading, and now not only did we do that, we did it on the Lycan prince, the heir and most respected after the Lycan king!" Randy informed me, and it went all over my skin like ice cold water in the summer.

"What!" I gasped in great panic, placing my already clammy hands on my head as I breathed shakily, squirming at the horrific feeling of my looming death.

"Am I going to die?!" I burst into a sob, burying my face into my palm as I cried more.

"That's why I am here with you. Trust me, you are not going to die. The person who must die is Ella. I have plans all set out. Just follow my instructions, and we will use Ella's only weakness to get her destroyed." He stated with a strong and reassuring tone that forced hope inside me.