Ivan: Believe Part: II

Start from the beginning

"I'm not letting you touch my best friend. This is between him and I," I said harshly.

"He isn't your best friend, Ivan! He's a Werewolf and he's trying to kill you!"

"He will always be my best friend so go to hell, Enzo." I pushed him aside and stood about five meters away from a growling Jayden. He had trouble getting up because a piece of glass was stuck in his legs and elbows. I didn't know Enzo threw him on the coffee table.

I raised my hands in front of me and pleaded, "Jayden, you have to calm down, okay? You need to take control."

That earned me a sneer. "Please, Jayden. I don't want to hurt you." Jayden got up and pulled the glasses off his body, dropping them and growling. He crouched down, his blood eyes on me, and sprinted. His hands were on my neck and he picked me up, slamming my back on the ground. I groaned and Jayden was off of me. Luka and Enzo were holding his arms as Jayden struggled to get away. It looked like Luka and Enzo couldn't hold him back anymore. Jayden shook Luka off of him, sending Luka to the ground, and Jayden, with his free hand, grabbed Enzo by his throat and raised him off the ground. "You're dead,"Jayden growled. Before Jayden could kill Enzo, I had Jayden on the ground with my hand clutching his throat. The sudden movement surprised him, his red eyes filled with shock and a human—like gasp came out of his lips.

"If you ever threaten my mate, you'll be dead!" I roared. My chest was rising and falling quickly, my hand tightening on Jayden's throat, gritted teeth and crimson eyes staring in mine. But it wasn't his eyes. It was my own. I covered the strike of fear and growled in the back of my throat, surprising both of us. Then the unthinkable happened. Jayden's features softened; his gritted teeth turn into small whimpers, his red eyes still red, yet they were scared shit less, and his long and ugly claws turning back to normal. He was turning Human.

"I—Ivan?" He whimpered, tears rolling down his cheeks.

I narrowed my eyes to see if I saw any evidence of lying or falseness but I saw none. I slowly let go of his throat and sat up, glaring at him. "Jayden?"

"W—why are you calling me that? My name is Vanessa."

It was like a switch that turned off and on. The rage immediately disappeared and I was crying like a baby. I haven't heard Jayden call himself Vanessa. I haven't heard the name Vanessa in a while.

"I'm so happy to have you back, Vanessa. I miss you so much..." I sobbed, hugging myself and crying so hard my heart started to ache. I felt arms wrap around me and a hand was rubbing my back, whispering comforting words.

"Hey, hey, I know what I did and I'm not proud, but I want to say I'm sorry," Vanessa whispered.

I nodded, leaning onto Vanessa, wanting to feel her warmth and voice. I believed that this was my best friend.

~~~~

I woke up in a light room, the windows closed and Enzo staring at me with gloomy eyes. I quickly sat up, grabbing Enzo's hands and rubbing them gently and slowly. I hated to see him sad. Maybe it was the mark talking but I didn't really care because seeing Enzo sad was slowly killing me. "Jayden left," Enzo announced. I stopped rubbing his hands. My heart dropped to my stomach. "You're lying," I said shakily. Why would he lie to me? What does he mean Vanessa left? "I saw her, I saw her with my own eyes! Vanessa would never leave me!" I screamed, pushing him away and glaring hatefully at him. Enzo's gloomy eyes weren't lying.

"After you fell asleep, he wanted me to give you this note," Enzo said and handed me a messy hand written note. I snatched the note and read it out loud.

I'm sorry for what I had done. I didn't mean to kill Sindy, Luka's mate, and those seven people. I don't know the whole truth but I need to be runaway—forever. Tell my parents I love them and that I'm okay. I was in an accident and someone will be taking care of me. Don't find me, Ivan, and don't let them find me. Tell Zev, I don't want to be anywhere near him, and he shouldn't be anywhere near me because I'm more dangerous than two Alpha's combined. Don't let him find me either. In those few hours together, I found myself connected to Zev and knew it was a mistake as soon ad I threw him at a wall. Not all mates are meant to be together, Ivan...

But you and Enzo are.

With love and care, Jayden.

I stared at Enzo with teary eyes and let the note slip through my fingers. Enzo quickly hugged me as I cried harshly, sobbing when I found out that my teacher was a Werewolf, watching my best friend die slowly, the thought of my family dead, Vlad taking my mother, all the possibilities of being dead.

My best friend was gone because of me. I believed that once he woke up, he would stay. I was beginning to lose that trust.