Enzo: The New Power

The pack members picked up Alpha Norixx and threw him in the cut up wood. Someone was saying how much he will be missed but I was fighting the urge from puking on his corpse. He makes me so damn sick. I can't believe I put my faith and trust on a man who called me his own son. He wanted to make Ivan a Werewolf so he could have a bigger pack. He didn't understand that Ivan needed to be in the Human Realm before I mate with him. I wasn't rejecting him; I was rejecting the mark of my mate. The ache in my pain settled down a bit but it was still hurting. At least Ivan wasn't kissing Alexander anymore. I growled and balled my hands into fists. I could tear his throat out. If only I could rip the mark off of Ivan's skin off...

        Zev placed a hand on my shoulder and moved my eyes away from Alpha Norixx. I turned around and walked back in the house, leaving the small funeral and going upstairs. Zev followed behind me. I entered Norixx's office and saw an empty chair where Alpha Norixx should be sitting on. I sat on the mini couch in his office and looked at Zev who was staring at me weirdly.

        "Are you okay?" He asked. I shrugged and looked around the dull room. It smelled like Alpha Norixx, polished yet disgusting. He made me so damn sick.

        "I feel...empty but at the same time, I want to rip your head off your body," I answered truthfully. I don't know where the negative thoughts were coming from. Since the red mist came in my body, I wanted nothing but to kill everyone I saw, especially Ivan. Zev had to literally pull my hand away from Ivan's throat and hold me tight until he left the room. Luka and Corianne were cleaning him up as I spoke to Zev.

        Zev chuckled and sat next to me. "Same man. Sorry for throwing you like that. I've been an idiot for the past few days and I don't think my sorry is meaningful anymore."

        "But your friendship is. Thank you for letting me save Ivan," I said softly.

        Zev looked in my eyes and shook his head. "You didn't have to ask for my permission to save your own mate, Enzo. You're the one who has to protect him and you may have to get dirty just to save him."

        I sighed. "I'm already in deep shit. Once the word goes out that I killed an Alpha, someone would be dying just to kill me."

        "True but what matters the most is Ivan and he would like to see you."

        I chuckled darkly and leaned my back on the couch. "Ivan is probably scared of me now. He wouldn't want a person to hurt him anymore. He dealt with being slapped, choked, and almost shot because people love hurting him. I was the cause of him getting hurt and I want nothing more than to kiss him and show him comfort.

        "After Norixx burns in Hell, check on Jayden and I will check on Ivan. Make sure no one leaves this house. It's almost midnight," I ordered.

        I got up and grabbed the door knob when Zev's voice stopped me. "When did you become Alpha?"

        I looked over my shoulder and smirked. "Same day I found out that I have a mate to go to."

       ~~~~

        I found Ivan staring at the window with a big band aid on his throat and his eyes never leaving the window. He looked peaceful and deep in thought. It was dangerous for him to be near the window but his beauty was enchanting. I walked towards him and say next to him, slowly bringing my arm around his shoulders and pulling him closer to me. I was mentally smiling that Ivan didn't pull me away but he laid limp. I wanted to run my fingers through his soft brown and blonde hair and tell him everything was going to be all right but I couldn't lie to him anymore. He was already in pain from what I caused. He lifted his head and his eyes went on mine. My heart spiked up and my fingers were itching to hold him close to me.