Enzo: The Witch, The Werewolf, and the War {Part I}

I stumbled a bit as Zev and I stood in front of a brown door. After leaving the pack house, Zev told the pack to stay inside and to keep the area protected. If that didn't help, it was after midnight. That means Rogues were searching for their food and could possibly kill anyone, Werewolf or not. As we were searching for Corianne, Luka, and Jayden, we came upon a small house that was made out of wood and grass. There scent were all over the house. Even a faint scent of Luka's brother, Alexander.

        Zev was going to knock on the door when he saw me stumble back. I played it off that I almost tripped on something. He held my shoulder and showed me his worried eyes.

        "Are you okay?" He asked. I gave him a small, assured, smile and nodded. He didn't believe me but he turned around and knocked on the door. My small smiled faltered and I felt my heart squeezed a bit. It was ten times worse than the first one. The bond that I had with Ivan was quickly breaking and it shouldn't. I did nothing to hurt Ivan but then I thought back when I let one of my men hit Ivan. No person should be physically abused. I should have done something to save my mate.

        The door swung open and a woman with honey hair, grassy eyes, pulp lips, and a button nose. She was wearing a purple cloak that covered her whole body and she was wearing a black necklace that formed a W.

        "Welcome to my palace that I call my home. Come in!" She said happily. She opened the door wider and let us inside. It wasn't big or small inside. I kind of wish it was big because in front of us was Corianne and Luka holding on a unconscious Jayden. Zev growled at them and they flinched.

        "What the fuck is going on? What did you do to Jayden?" He said, venom dripping in his words.

        Corianne started to shake when she saw Zev's eyes started to glow. However, Luka glared at him and let of Jayden. Jayden snuggled close to Corianne. I quickly went over to Jayden and took him away from Corianne.

        Corianne tried reaching for him but Zev growled again. "Back off, Omegas. Someone answer me right now or I will throw your asses in the cave."

        Corianne whimpered and got close to Luka.

        "Before you start killing us Zev, we were trying to help. Why do you think we're here?" Luka snapped.

        I looked around the house and saw small and big bottles of different liquids inside. A bed was far away from the door and a small oven was close to the door. What caught my attention was the bottles.

        "Wait, are you guys in a Witch's house?" I asked, pulling Jayden close to me.

        Luka rolled his eyes and said, "Duh."

        "Why the fuck are you in a Witch's house? How do you even know one?" I snarled.

        "I overheard what your Alpha said. He said Jayden was dying so I told Corianne that I knew someone was going to help us."

        "That is me! Hi, I am Echo Lavander," the woman said and smiled brightly. "I am a great friend of Luka's."

        "Why would you want to help us?" Zev said softly and looked at Jayden. He walked towards us and he placed a finger on his cheek. Jayden shifted in my arms and a faint smile was on his face. I was glad to see Jayden moving.

        "Because Ivan would be very angry and heartbroken if he finds out his best friend dead. If you keep Jayden alive, you keep a very happy Ivan, right? We just need to bring him back to the house and loverboy over there would stop being a loser and get his mate," Luka explained.