Enzo: I'll Protect You

Growling, I tugged Ivan back and snarled when Alpha Norixx was going to touch Ivan again. How dare he have a mating ceremony without my permission? I knew it was too good to be true. As soon as he came in the room, something was off. Something was odd about Alpha Norixx after he came back. He was a bit cold, he didn't listen to us anymore, and it felt like he knew something that we didn't. I knew he wanted me to mark Ivan but I wasn't going to do that for the sake of Ivan. If Ivan doesn't want to be mark yet, I will not do that, even though I was practically waiting for the day to do have Ivan to myself.

        I almost went ballistic when I saw the mark on his neck. I automatically knew Alexander had something to do with that. That sneaky bastard of a Beta . He doesn't deserve to be a Beta for his scheming plan.

        I glared coldly at Alpha Norixx and said bitterly, "We're going upstairs."

        "No you are not, Enzo. We have a ceremony to attend to," Alpha Norixx said calmly.

        "No, we don't because we're not going. Leave us alone."

        "You will attend because it is your own mating ceremony. Get your ass in five minutes with Ivan clothed or I will slit his throat."

        I held Ivan's hand tightly and walked back upstairs. I closed the door behind me and threw the closest thing that was next to me. Good thing it wasn't nothing valuable. Ivan jumped and his blue eyes got big.

        "What the hell are we going to do? I can't do this, Enzo. You know this," Ivan whispered. I ran a hand through my hair and growled in annoyance.

        "I can't do this either, Ivan. I don't want to mark you because someone told me to, I want to mark you because I want you to love me. It may be hard for me to control myself around you due to the heat that comes when I shift, but I'll hold back, just for you," I said and looked to see Ivan staring at me.

        "Just for me?" He said, almost smiling. The anger was slowly going down when I saw the look on Ivan's face. He looked genuine happy; he looked like he could jump through walls. He hugged me and I wrapped my arms around his tiny yet built body.

        "I could hold you forever," I whispered in his hair.

        "You're such a chessy person," Ivan laughed and pulled away. Ivan hardly laughed or smiled. It was nice to see him happy around me when we were in a shitty situation. I grabbed a shirt and pants from a drawer and threw them at him. I turned around and waited for Ivan to get dressed. I was tempted to turn around and look at Ivan's gorgeous body but he would freak if I saw him. I felt myself growling when I couldn't look at my own mate.

        "Okay ready," Ivan assured. I turned around to see Ivan with a black shirt, blue jeans, and a big hoodie that was mine but stopped wearing it.

        "You look absolutely adorable," I said in awe. Ivan rolled his eyes, smiling and rubbing his arms. His smile faltered his and his blue eyes were filled with worry.

        "Enzo, what are we going to do? What happens if you reject marking me in front of everyone? They'll surely do it themselves!" Ivan said, panic in his voice. Alpha Norixx did threatened Ivan that I didn't mark him, he and his family will get hurt. I knew Ivan was hoping the day wasn't going to happen but he was slightly freaked out about everything. I wanted things to be good between us, I wanted to be happy for him. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it lightly.

        Looking into his eyes, I placed my other hand on my cheek and kissed his forehead. "I'll protect you. That's why I'm here." 

        ~~~~