Chapter Twenty-eight

"Zev, I need you to calm down," Konrad said as we made their way to the Lone Creek pack. "You have to let me handle this."

"That wolf has my mate," I was almost shaking, I was so angry. I would rip Phelan limb by limb.

"You still can't feel her?" Konrad asked, worry evident in his voice.

"No," I said, fear filling me at what that might mean. She has to still be alive...she has to be.

"Konrad, what do we owe this unexpected...pleasure?" Raulf asked with a smirk when they approached. "Here to accuse us of kidnapping again? Or perhaps shooting someone in your pack again?"

"Phelan was in our part of the woods and has taken my son's mate," Konrad said, staring down the other alpha.

"That's ridiculous," Raulf scoffed. He slowly grinned. "Although I can see why he would. Once I found out who she was, I made sure to get a glimpse of her. She is as beautiful as her mother was."

My face darkened and I stepped forward. "Shut up and have your son show himself!"

Raulf's eyes narrowed. "Challenging me, pup?"

Konrad put his hand on my shoulder. "Your son has broken the boundaries before. I scented him in our woods myself."

Raulf looked irritated. "Erik, go find my son so we can clear this up." He ordered his beta before turning back to us. "My son may be trying to woo her away from you, all is fair in love and war, after all, but he wouldn't kidnap her. That is a ludicrous accusation."

"If your son has hurt my mate, I will issue a challenge to him and kill him," I said in a low voice. "She is my true mate, he has no right to interfere."

"Keep your pup in line, would you?"

"I'll support the challenge if she is hurt," Konrad said, crossing his arms. "Did your son arrange the kidnapping attempt and the shooting of Liana?"

"What? No! Of course not," Raulf paled slightly. "I didn't even know she was the one shot! Now, let's not get ahead of ourselves, we don't know what happened. Phelan would not try to kill her, how does that make sense? As for the she-wolf, maybe your mate just didn't want to be with you anymore." He sneered at me.

I lunged forward but my dad held me back as Erik returned.

"Uh, Alpha? Your son is not here."

*Liana*

I opened my eyes blearily. Where was... Zev? Where was Zev? I tried to reach out but there was nothing there. No connection. And my wolf was gone! Why couldn't I call on my wolf? I was on an unfamiliar couch in what looked like a small cabin. I sat up slowly and with panic realized my hands were tied behind my back and a gag was in my mouth. I felt strange as well, weak and so tired. What had happened to me? The last thing I remembered was being in the woods waiting for Priscilla to find me and then...

"Hi, beautiful."

I twisted around to see Phelan grinning at me. I got up to run, my legs weren't bound, but I was too shaky to take more than two steps. I was wearing an overlarge t-shirt that smelled of Phelan and then I remembered my shock at seeing him in the woods and my fear. Before I could do anything besides start to call out to Zev, I had been knocked out from behind. But by who?

"Careful," Phelan said, catching me. "I didn't realize she had knocked you out so hard. That must be why you are so shaky."

I glared at him and without thinking, kicked him in the shin as hard as I could. She? Was someone from his pack helping him?