Chapter 15

I hadn't seen Hermione in weeks. Harry had been hiding her from me. That was until I was sat alone by the black lake? "Delphi?" I heard her speak, butterflies took over my body. It felt amazing to finally hear her voice. "Mione?" I asked as I turned around to see her standing before me. I had almost forgotten how beautiful she was. 

"I missed you" I whispered, trying not to cry. "I'm sorry Delphi. Harry stopped me from seeing you. I didn't want to do it but I couldn't turn my back on him, not now" she said honestly. "I understand" I said, looking at the ground. 

"He told me about what happened... that night" she whispered. "He did?" I asked. "You were so brave Delphi" she said, moving closer to me. I didn't know what to do, I could feel the tension between us but I didn't want to initiate anything. 

"I've really missed you" she said, breaking the tension and throwing her arms around my neck. I hugged her back immediately. "You have no idea how hard this has been for me... trying to keep the peace" she whispered into the crook of my neck. "I do understand" I spoke finally. She pulled away and I wiped away her tears.

"You do?" she asks. "I do... it's been just as hard for me trying to support my cousin while also being with you, Harry and Ron" I sighed, thinking about the boys. "I guess they want nothing to do with me now" 

Hermione looked at me sympathetically. "Harry feels bad about what he said but he's too stubbourn to come and talk to you. I'm sure you can both work things out" she suggested. "What about Ron?" I asked. Hermione scoffed. "He's still loved up with Lavender. I can't believe they've lasted this long... it makes me sick" she pretended to gag causing me to laugh. 

"Everytime I see them together, it reminds me of what I lost" she told me. I tilted my head, "and what's that?" 

She looked me deep in the eye, "you" she said before kissing me passionately. "I've missed you Delphini Black" 

"I've missed you more Hermione Granger" 

***

We made our way back up to the castle when we bumped into Harry. "Delphini, I'm sorry" he admitted. I just stared at him, I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to forgive him. "Do you know how much it hurt me, not being able to see Hermione?" I asked him. "At the time I didn't care... but then I realised that I was just making things worse" he sighed.

"I forgive you Harry" I said, I think he realises he made a mistake and I just want an easy life. Things will be different from now on though...

"There's something I need to say though" he suddenly said, I gestured for him to spit it out. "He's coming, I can feel it... be prepared"