Chapter 11

"Do I have to go back mum?" I groaned, trying to make her realise I'd much rather stay here. "Yes, you know that" she said to me as she put her cloak on. "But I hate it there" I sighed. "I know you do but I want you to do well at school! You're already excelling in DADA" she smiled. "Only because you taught me everything I need to know" I complained.

"Enough of that, come on" she said, grabbing my hand and apparating us to Hogwarts. "Off you go love, I'll see you at the end of the term" she smiled, pulling me into a hug. "I don't want you to go mum please" I said, trying not to cry. "Now, you know I have to love. If they catch me here you know exactly where I'll end up" she said, twisting her face up at the memories.

"Fine. But I can't promise that I'll be good" I smirked. "Delphini Black if you dare step out of line again you won't be coming home am I understood?" she scolded me. I just rolled my eyes and hugged her once more before she apparated away. "I miss you already" I whispered to myself before making my way to the school grounds.

"Delphi!" I heard her shout. I didn't know if I wanted to face her again or just run away and hide from her forever. Instead, I bit the bullet and turned around. She hugged me the second I did and whispered "I'm so sorry for the way I reacted, I had no idea" 

"It's fine I guess" I said with no emotion. Part of me wanted to hold her and tell her that it was fine but the other part of me was still hurt by the way she reacted to my mother. "Please Delphi, will you forgive me? I hate myself for the way I left things. I just want us to go back to normal" she said pleading. I nodded with a small smile, "Okay but promise me you'll come over and meet her at the end of the term" I asked hopefully. She took a second to process what I had just asked her but agreed to nonetheless.

"Mione!" I heard someone shout from the end of the corridor. Mione turned around and saw who it was. But when she turned back to face me, I knew exactly where the voice had come from. "What do you want Ronald?" she spat. 

"Jeez Mione... I just came to ask if you wanted to grab a butterbeer? I haven't seen you around in a while" he shrugged, trying to play it off. "No Ronald. I don't want to 'grab a butterbeer' with you. I have better things to be doing" she looked at me with a smile and grabbed my hand, about to walk away...

"What the hell do you see in her Mione?" he shouted. "She's a death eater!" he yelled. "How would you know that when you haven't got any proof" I chuckled at his stupidity. "Show us your arm Black" he smirked. 

I hesitated to make him think that I actually had the mark. However, when I rolled up my sleeve for him to find nothing there, his grin slowly faded. "No, you showed us the wrong arm... show us the other one" he demanded, trying to sound confident. But when I showed him both of my arms and nothing was there, he panicked. 

"Must be a charm! Mione, do the honours" he said, gesturing towards my arms. Hermione just scowled at him. "Ronald Weasley stop being such a pig!" she yelled. "I believe her! You just want to find any excuse for us to break up. I will never go out with you" she laughed, his ego suddenly shrinking to the size of a pea.

Without saying another word, he walked away. A tear slipped down my cheek and Mione realised. "Delphi! Oh my God, I am so sorry, I didn't mean to make you cry" she said, instantly hugging me. 

"It's not that" I sniffled. "It's just that you stuck up for me in front of your friend. No one has ever done anything like that for me" I smiled at her. "I will always stick up for you Delphini Black. He was wrong to accuse you of something like that!" she said, staring at the ginger boy walking away, hanging his head in shame. 

"Besides, I've been waiting for the chance to yell at him. He hates the thought of us being together" she rolled her eyes. "Yeah, I figured that" I laughed.