Chapter 2

I hung outside Umbridge's office, trying to decide whether or not to show up. But, I changed my mind when I saw Potter approaching alone. 

"Hey" he said softly. "Hi" I replied, giving him a light smile so as to not seem too intimidating. "Why did you stand up for me?" he asked. I took a deep sigh before replying. 

"I know that you're telling the truth, Potter. Besides, I couldn't bear to listen to her drone on any longer" I scoffed. "I just wanted to say thank you uh..." I realised he didn't even know my name. "It's Delphini, but you can call me Delphi for short" I smiled. "Right, thank you, Delphi" 

I knocked on Umbridge's door, "come in" we heard from the other side of the door. I rolled my eyes at Harry, making him stifle a laugh as we entered the room. I took a brief look around, *this woman is bloody mad* I thought as I noticed all the plates of meowing cats. How does she concentrate with all this noise?

"Good evening Mr Potter, Miss Black, sit." she smiled, nodding to the two chairs in front of her desk. "You are both going to be doing some lines for me today"

We both reached in our bags for our quills and ink but she stopped us, "no, not with your quills. You're going to be using a rather special one of mine"

She handed Harry his and said, "now, I want you to write I must not tell lies" before going back to her desk and grabbing another one. 

"How many times?" he asked. "Well, let's say for as long as it takes for the message to sink in" she replied, handing me my own. I took a long hard look at the quill she had given me. "You haven't given me any ink" Harry said.

That was when it hit me, "oh, you won't need any ink". Harry almost put pen to paper when I grabbed the quill out of his hand. "Delphini?" he whispered. 

"Is there a problem?" she asked, walking behind us both. "Actually, Professor... there is" I snarked. "Oh, and what would that be?" she asked, glaring at me but still smiling. 

"We aren't using these quills. Especially not if you think you're going to harm us with them" Harry looked at me in confusion. 

"And why would I do that, Miss Black?" she asked, I could see the anger in her eyes. "These are black quills you have given us, they use our own blood ask ink and leave a permanent scar" I said sarcastically as if she wasn't aware.

"You think that these are black quills?" she scoffed. I nodded, "yes professor. How else would you expect us to write with no ink? Because they use our own blood!" I began to yell. 

"Miss Black do not raise your voice at me! They are not black quills!" she said matter of factly. "Sure? Prove it" I said dead serious, still leaving Harry confused. 

"No, I certainly will not" she said panicking. "Very well then, Harry and I will be leaving now" I said getting up and pulling Harry with me. "Where do you think you're going?" she asked trying to sound calm. 

"I think it would be best if we just left Professor unless you want us to take this to the headmaster?" I threatened, still holding the quill. "Give me that!" she yelled. 

"You'll have to catch us first" I laughed, dragging Harry out of her office and down the corridor. 

I came to a stop behind a wall. "What the hell was that?!" he asked with an amazed chuckle. "I just got us out of detention, that's what that was" I laughed.

"How did you know about the quills?" he asked, his face now serious. "Oh, I- my mother has a scar from one of these. She taught me to avoid using them. I know what they look like but sometimes you can never be too sure. It was a dead giveaway when she said we won't be needing ink as these are the only quills that don't require ink" I sighed, holding the quill in my right hand.

"You're brilliant Delphi!" he smiled, hugging me. I didn't hug back immediately but I embraced him softly, still not entirely sure about the boy. 

"Harry!" I heard someone yell from the other end of the corridor as we broke apart. The brunette and redhead from earlier came racing down the hall to their friend.

I stepped aside as the brunette embraced Harry in a hug, "thank God you're okay" she sighed. "I wouldn't be if it wasn't for Delphi" he smiled, nodding at me. 

I smiled at the trio, not exactly knowing what to do. "Oh, Delphi. This is Ron and Hermione" he smiled, introducing me to his friends. "It's a pleasure to meet you both" I said, maintaining eye contact with the beautiful girl standing before me to which, I now knew her name. 

"Well, I best be off. I've got an angry cousin to deal with" I chuckled, saying goodbye to the golden trio.

I felt... happy. For the first time at Hogwarts, I was happy!