Chapter VII - Talking rocks

Începe de la început

Hopelessness filled the room, practically dancing around the three humans as they stare at the talking rock. Because without the Doctor there to help them, well, they truly felt hopeless.

Mickey softly clears his throat, breaking the silence. "I'll go check on Nova and catch her up.", he excuses himself and leaves.

Rose softly trails after him, wanting to check up on the other person in the room. She stopped once she reaches the doorway, not getting herself to cross it.

Mickey quietly sighs to himself as he takes in the scene. Nova was asleep, laying at the feet of the bed. He knew she was lying this morning when he asked if she slept well. The dark under her eyes was a clear tell. So he glad she was resting again.

.....Even if it was while semi-sharing the bed with an alien.

While Mickey drapes a blanket over his friend Rose's eyes was focused on the Doctor, hurt seeping in her as seconds pass by.

"The Doctor wouldn't do this. The old Doctor, the proper Doctor, he'd wake up. He'd save us.", the words waver as they leave her lips.

"You really love him, don't you?", Mickey questions her in a hushed tone as he carefully backs away from the bed, trying to not wake the sleeping girl.

Instead of answering Rose's bottom lip quivers, before she throws her arms around Mickey, desperately seeking some comfort.

Mickey hesistated for a second. His arms staying limp by his side. Finding out the girl you loved for years was in love with another wasn't easy. But he still cared for her, so his arms wrapped around her, giving her the comfort. Even if it hurt him.

:☆°*•◇.*•☆.°:

Some time later, Rose and Mickey were back in the living room, watching the telly again. Right now MP Harriet Jones was delivering a message.

'But, ladies and gentlemen, this crisis is unique, and I'm afraid to say, it might get much worse. I would ask you all to remain calm. But I have one request. Doctor, if you're out there, we need you. I don't know what to do. If you can hear me, Doctor. If anyone knows the Doctor, if anyone can find him, the situation has never been more desperate. Help us. Please, Doctor. Help us. God help us.'

Rose burst into tears as the message ends. "He's gone. The Doctor's gone. He's left me, mum. He's left me, mum."

"It's all right. I'm sorry." Jackie tries to console her crying daughter, quickly wrapping her in her arms.

Suddenly, all the glass in the block of flats shatters. The three fell on the ground from the blast, trying to shield themselves from the flying shards of glass.

Disoriented Mickey pulls himself off the ground, his gaze snapping around the flat before a sudden scream fills his ears.

"Nova?!", he yells in worry, quickly running towards the sound.

:☆°*•◇.*•☆.°:
\Bedroom/

I wake up in alarm by the sound of the glass shattering. A small scream escapes me as some shards embed itself in my skin. Ignoring the pain I worriedly check the Doctor for injuries.

"Nova?!"

Footsteps hurry to the room, and by the loudness it could only be one person.

"Nova?! Are you alright? Are you hurt?", the rapid questions tumble out of Mickey's mouth as he runs up to my side.

"I'm fine, I'm fine.", I reassure him offhandedly while I check the Doctor.

"Oh, God.", Mickey moans out in a mix of worry and horror as his eyes focus on my shoulder.