Chapter II - Meeting Amelia

◇Rewritten◇

:☆°*•◇.*•☆.°:☆°*•◇.*•☆.°:☆°*•◇.*•☆.°:

Lily's POV
———————

"Nova?"

There it was again, that name. I dumbly blink up at her, not really knowing what else to do.

"-Are you okay? You're looking a little pale.", the ginger woman comments. I follow her hand with my eyes as she layes it on my shoulder, staring oh so concerned at me.

The words that came out of her mouth next shocked me even further. Well, it kinda broke my brain for a moment.

"I thought you and the Doctor where travelling on your own a bit?",'Karen' asks with a small smile. "......Why are you staring at me like that?", she continues, her voice turning more hesistant by the second.

I blinked again, my thought racing a marathon in my head. Did I fully understand the meaning of her words? Yes, I did. Did I know how to properly and thoughtfully react? No, not even close.

"Yeah, right.", I quickly nod. "You know what... I have to go. Like, right know. It was fun speaking to you. See ya.", I jump up, ready to make a run for it and I could have, if it wasn't for the hand holding my arm.

"What's wrong? Why are you making a run for it?", 'Karen' questions. "I want to say you're acting strange.... Stranger than normal at least.", she continues with a little chuckle.

I sigh in defeat, knowing I couldn't get out of this one. "I'm not your Nova, okay?", I stare pointedly at her, hoping she will figure it out.

"Ooohh.", a shocked gaps escaped Amy after a moment as she finally get it.

"Yeah, oh.", I dryly mumble, plopping back down on the bench.

"Your eyes.", Amy breathes out, while staring with deep into my eyes.

"Don't say something about my eyes.", I whine. "You can't say something about my eyes, because I'm not staying long enough for you to get to know my eyes.", I continue during her own ramble, our voices melting together.

"Your eyes, there so young. You're so young. How could I have missed that?!"

Suddenly Amy springs forward, almost bumping her nose with mine. "Is this your first time?", she whispers to me, almost dreading the answer. "It is, isn't.", she continues, not waiting for my answer. "How long have you been here? Are you okay? Did you meet anybody yet? Wait no, don't tell me. Oh, why me?! Why couldn't it be Rory! What should I do?!", Amy all rambles in one breath

My eyes widen at her outburst. "Why are you asking me? How should I know?!", I question back, her panic travelling to me.

We both freeze as an old man walks by with his dog. He gives us a weird look, clearly having heard our little yelling match. I smile sheepishly at him, my cheeks hot in embarrassment.

"Okay, maybe no yelling.", I speak up after a the man has walked off.

Amy nods, a blush covering her cheeks aswell. "Yeah, that might be a good idea." She takes a seat beside me. The two of us  falling into silence.

"So... Why did you call me Nova?", I ask after a moment, not handling the silence for much longer.

Amy turns her head to me, her eyes widening as her mind spins for an answer. "Well.... because... you know.", she stutters out, not finding the right words.