Chapter I - The beginning

◇Rewritten◇

~Italics: Lily's thoughts

:☆°*•◇.*•☆.°:☆°*•◇.*•☆.°:☆°*•◇.*•☆.°:

Lily Smith loves being alone. She loves that she doesn't need anyone to have fun with, that just her own company is enough. Now this might come from the fact she never had any friends. Always too different to connect with, standing out and never fitting in. Therefore she learned to be happy on her own, learned to find comfort from it. And after many years she isn't too eager to change that.

If you asked her her little life would never change. But she quickly learned you can't control your own fate, no matter how hard she tried.

But maybe it isn't as bad as she thought.......

:☆°*•◇.*•☆.°:

For each introverted person there comes a day where for them the impossible happens. They have a need for social contact. It's ironic actually, the one thing that drains their battery, takes their energy, is something that feels needed. So much even their desperate for it.

For Lily that day came too quickly. But once she was in her car on the way to a little market just out of town she didn't really seem to mind anymore.

Only walking around and looking at the different stalls was enough for her. Not lingering long enough for any unnecessary conversation. Just being around others was perfect for her, watching them enjoy their time just as she was.

There was one stall that catched her eye, making her stop her aimlessly wandering. She placed the books she was skimming through down and walked over. She had to duck her head a little as scarfs and cloths hung over the stall, but once she did her eyes light up with what she met.

Little trinkets and jewellery littered the stall, all clearly handmade as little imperfections decorated the metal. You could see the scuff marks and little bumps as it was not smoothly bend. But it all made them even more peculiar to her.

She gazes over a few pieces, her hand lingering above a few she likes, which was nearly all. While she was looking a sudden light appears in the corner of her eyes. She first ignored it, not really noticing it, but as a second passes it seemed to glow brighter, practically begging for her attention.

Lily slightly jumps in her spot, scrunching her eyes shut. Curious, she turns around to the source only to find a necklace dangling right in front of her eyes. She blinked, a bit shocked. It seemed as if the light was further away, but here it is, dangling in front of her.

The heart of the necklace consisted of a beautiful black stone. It sort of hypnotises the one who looks into it, luring them closer until it got them in its grasp. And Lily couldn't ignore its call.

Intrigued, she started to reach towards it. The closer she got, the more the stone seemed to glow. Little white specks appeared in the stone. She could have swore she was staring into the night sky.

And then her fingers touches it.

Small sparks flow up her arm, warming her body up. Tilting her head she stared in confusion at the oh so curious necklace. Wondering how such a simple, mundane object could give her a feeling of home.