Villain or Victim

Leah arrived at the german prison with stride. A guard guides her to the prisoner's assigned jail cell. "Zemo you got a visitor," the guard annoyance. He turns to her for a moment. "Let me know if you need anything." 

"Thank you but I think I got it from here." Leah approaches the glass cell. "Helmut Zemo, never thought we would come face to face."

"I'm sorry but I don't believe we have met

"I'm sorry but I don't believe we have met." Zemo was confused by this woman's appearance. He was sure the two of them never crossed paths. He also knew she wasn't Hydra or a former S.H.I.E.L.D. operative. 

"No we haven't but I need something from you if you provide it." Looking intrigued at her offer. 

"What is it that you need?" 

"Your side of the story," she says honestly. Her answer took him a bit back. 

"Why do you want to know?"

"My name is Mai Ytinrete and I'm an investigative reporter. I work for the High Priestess." There was a shine in his eye. 

"No you don't." She raises an eyebrow slightly challenging. "You see I read the article very intriguing if I do say so myself. I also read some other articles. Must say I'm very impressed at what power these articles have. How many secrets they have exposed. You may be able to trick everyone but I'm too smart for your tricks. I'm able to read between the lines. As much as you deny it you are the High Priestess."

"You caught me," she admits with no hesitation. "Does that change anything." He shakes his head. 

"No, it makes it more interesting to talk to you." Taking a seat on his cell bed. "What do you want to know?" She takes a seat in front of his cell and takes out a notebook and pen. 

"I want to hear your side of the story from the very beginning. Where everything all started."

"Why do you want to know?" 

"To be honest, I mostly want to help Sergeant Barnes, as you know as in the Winter Soldiers. As in the man you used to take your revenge."

"Fair point. So what are you going to do with the information?"

"Over the years the court of public opinion has worked in my favor. Everyone sees him as the villain not the victim of Hydra's agenda. I'm trying to get people to see all sides of the problem. Even you can't disagree since you used him also. I already have all the other information I need and you are the final piece in my chess game." 

"You are an interesting woman I like you." She smirks as she clicks her pen. "I will tell you everything you want to know." 

For the next hour Leah interviewed Zemo. She pauses for a moment as the outer cell door opens.  "Is there something wrong?" she questions the guards.

"You need to come with us ma'am," the male guard states. Taking notice of their rigid posture she knows they are not here to tell her visiting hours are over. Carefully she puts her stuff away before standing up.