Chapter 1

It all started with a letter. A 10 year old girl had no idea what she would be getting herself in to by sending this letter, but 6 years later she definitely doesn't regret it.

Luna wrote to her idol, Taylor Swift, not expecting it to be read, let alone a reply. She wrote to the singer about her situation and how much Taylor helped her. Luna lived in a foster home in California with 3 other children who picked on her. Her father lost his life in a car accident when she was little and her mother became extremely ill, leaving her unable to look after her child full time, so the only thing she could do was put her in care. The only family she had left was her mother and was able to go and live back with her as she had become much better and fitter to look after her child.

Taylor had grown fond of the young girl and over the last 6 years they had built a friendship up through letters to each other. She was living with her mom again, as being 16 she was able to help look after her and herself.

Her mom and Taylor had secretly been conversing about a surprise trip for Luna to New York, to stay with Taylor for two weeks. Her mother was unable to go, so sent Luna on her own and told her it was for a summer exchange. She was going to spend her summer in New York City, on her own, with a family they had been talking to through skype, and she was going to spend her 17th birthday there. She was excited, but also nervous for what to come.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally the day had come. It was holiday time. Luna had finished packing the last things in her suitcase and had gotten everything together to leave.

"Got everything?" her mom asked, piling her case into the trunk of the taxi.

"I think so, my phone, headphones, and Baxter's with me and that's all that's important. I have money, I can buy things if I've forgotten them." She smiled, snuggling her teddy her mom had gotten her when she was a tiny baby. She gave her mom one final hug before getting into the taxi. "I wish you could come with me." She said, wiping a tear from her eye.

"I wish I could come too, I wish that more than anything, but you know I can't." She smiled, planting a kiss on the child's forehead. "Now, someone will be there to meet you at the airport. I've made sure they have one of those signs with your name on like they do in the movies." Luna laughed, it had always been her dream to be picked up from the airport with one of them signs, but she couldn't help the tears that were falling from her eyes. "Now, don't cry. You'll be back in two weeks. You're going to be in New York, you might even bump into Taylor!"

"Don't even joke about that mom. What if I do? I haven't told her I'm going to New York. Mom, I'd lose my shit." She said, suddenly getting excited, causing her mom to laugh awkwardly. "Okay, I have to go or I'll miss my flight. I love you." She said, getting into her taxi, waving to her mom.

"I love you too." Her mom shouted, blowing her a kiss as they drove off to the airport. "She's going to lose her shit." She laughed to herself after she had gone.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Taylor had spent the day rushing around the apartment, getting everything ready for Luna's arrival. She had made up the spare room to accommodate her and had bought them matching pyjamas to wear on their first night together. She put them in a pile on the spare bed, wrapped in kitten wrapping paper. The fridge had been fully stocked with all sorts of food; she didn't know what her guest liked so she had bought a bit of everything.

Taylor was getting ready to go to the airport to greet her friend, she had made a sign with her name written in big letters. She had a disguise put together, it was only sunglasses and a hat but she figured it would hide her from the paparazzi and she would be able to reveal herself in the car, that was if she hadn't figured it out already. She had been working on a heavy New York accent, the annoying ones that people who chew gum really loudly have, like Janice from 'Friends'.