Back to the Square

Start from the beginning

She was right too. This would be the common reaction if someone found the teen roaming around here.

"I was here for food delivery," Shaira said and sneezed. Cold did get her.

"You unhygienic brat! I want you to get out of here right now. Why would someone order from a place where workers don't have any sense of hygiene in them?" The rude woman practically yelled at her.

Shaira's eyes filled with tears. Somehow this woman brought back bad memories of Costella with her. They were so much familiar that Shaira trembled backward.

Yes, her overcoat was a little wet because of the snow outside and she was feeling a little cold but her cafe was hygienic and she made sure of that every time.

"I am gonna call the security."

Shaira's head snapped towards the woman. If security got involved, Dexton would know about her in the building for sure.

"I am sorry, mam," Shaira said her voice cracked. Remembering all the moments when she gave up without a fight.

"I will get out of here. Just don't call the security."

"You are lucky I am very busy or else. Now get out of here!"

"I am afraid Miss Mellisa but you are not that lucky for sure."

.

"Oh Mr. Paul, this girl was running around the building like it is her home. I was just telling her to get out."  Mellisa glared at Shaira.

"Miss Shaira!" Paul came to Shaira's side in an instant ignoring the other woman altogether.

"Paul, I am so sorry. I was just going outside after the delivery but something happened and I came upon this floor. I am sorry." Shaira said her eyes brimming with tears.

Paul's heart tethered. He had always seen her smiling but today everything was different. Her eyes showed pure fear.

"Please don't call security on me."

"Bullshit. How could I? Don't worry. Miss Mellisa, you are dismissed. I will talk to you again after some time." Paul's eyes darken as he glared at Mellisa. After everything, Paul was still the personal secretary as well as the most trusted person of Dexton Vanedestine.

Mellisa was shocked to see her reaction to Paul but went from there.

Shaira's eyes remained watery but not a single tear left her eye. She did not know. Her heartbeat was overriding. Her hands trembling she fisted so tightly that she could draw blood from her skin at any moment.

Maybe she needed some mental help.

As her erratic breath was calming as Paul rubbed her back. She had never expected it from Paul but at last, he helped.

"What the fuck is going on here?"

Dexton's thunderous voice echoed on the whole floor. His murderous eyes were on Paul whose hand stopped rubbing her back in comfort.

Shaira's breath stuck in her throat as she looked straight at his brother. She sighed as she saw him. She was safe.

No one can pull her out with security.

The immense shame she could feel in that sentence made Shaira weak on her knees.

Her knees buckled down and she fell on the floor. Dexton was an instant on her side.

Her eyes finally shed some tears. Like all the strength she pulled from inside had exhausted her.

"Are you okay?" Dexton said putting her hand on her shoulder.