We're Finally Reunited.

Start from the beginning

"Don't worry." Luffy said. "Ace was happy when he died."

"Happy?"

"Uta, let me tell you what Ace told me." Luffy said, clenching his fingers. "Right before he died, he told me that you were alive."

Uta's eyes widened with shock. Uta then remembered that when Ace left, he did promise to tell Luffy he met her. Apparently, Ace wasn't bluffing about that.

"I met him." Uta said. "He told me all about you and how much you meant to him. I also fought with him and lost."

"Whoa, you fought Ace?" Luffy asked.

"Apparently, I was neck and neck, but it didn't feel that way." Uta chuckles. "Still, it was because of that I believe Ace was...what's the right word? Invincible? Nah, more like Unkillable. You know?"

"Yeah, I get it. I think that's why I felt like I didn't have to worry at first." Luffy admits. "But, even Ace will die at some point in his life. I just never accepted that fact. I wanted him to live forever."

"Mind telling me what Ace's last words were?" Uta asks.

"He said he thanks you for loving him." Luffy said looking down.

Uta nods in understanding. Now, she finally understood the secret Ace was hiding from her and she gets it as to why he would keep it a secret for himself.

"He also said something when he mentioned you." Luffy adds.

"He did?"

"He told me that, since he won't be around, that you will be there to help me." Luffy said. "And that he hoped that you could make your dream come true."

"Did he now?" Uta laughs softly. "He has good intuitions. To say something like that in his final moments, how inspiring."

Luffy nods and wipes his eyes.

"If that's the case, Luffy, you and I will have to live on for him." Uta said. "Whatever we win or lose, we should make sure that we live a life without regret. That is what he would want for you."

"Yeah." Luffy said. "I understand."

"The others must be worried about you." Uta said standing up. "Let's get you back to camp first."

"Ok." Luffy said.

Uta looks at Luffy's injuries and sighs. There's no way she's letting him walk back, not with those injuries. So, Uta bent down and allowed Luffy to climb on her back and she carried him back to the shoreline. Uta made sure to take her time to avoid trying to aggregate his injuries. Uta thinks back to the times where after she and Luffy will finish one of their competitions, she would occasionally carry Luffy on her back, just like this. It's been ten years since she has done this and nothing seemed to have changed. Both Luffy and Uta think back to a memory where they were in this situation. Luffy was thinking back to a competition, but not Uta. This situation was too familiar to the time where she and Luffy were attacked by the mountain bandit. She had to carry a wounded Luffy out of a jungle on her back. This may seem familiar, but it's different. Luffy is much different now then he was back then. By carrying Luffy, Uta can tell that he has become more muscular, taller, and heavier, but he was the same person. Luffy also felt a wave of relief as he laid against his friend's back. The familiar warmth of her body and the unique smell that she gives off all sent him back to the days where she and he played and hung out with him. Luffy can feel all pain and stress melt away and he feels safe. Something that he hasn't felt in a very long time.

"You know, I never would have thought you would carry me again." Luffy said as he rested his head onto Uta's shoulder. "It feels nice."

"Try not to get too comfortable." Uta said smiling.