Pandemonium In The Auction House!

Comenzar desde el principio

"Mufufufufu! I shot him!" the man laughs happily. "I took down a fishman!"

"Hatchi!" Nami yells in horror.

The audience is relieved to see the fishman shot calling him diseased and dumb like a fish. This only increased the rage of the pirates and Uta.

How could I not sense his killing intent? Uta wonders as she grits her teeth in frustration. No, that bastard shot Hatchi as if it was something casual and so he had no need to have any! Is he even human?

"Look father! I shot the fishman!" the man cheers. "I caught him all by myself, so that means he's free, right?"

Luffy glares at the man as he dances around shamelessly and he slowly walks back up the stairs.

"Free! Free! Free! An octopus for free!"

To Uta, listening to this man talk was like listening to nails on a chalkboard. The diva clenches her fist in anger and the veins in her head pop out with anger. However, she knows that she's incapable of doing anything as Uta knows the consequences of angering a Celestial Dragon. In his rage, Luffy begins to walk towards the Celestial Dragon, but before he could get any closer, Hatchan manages to grab Luffy and stops his advances towards the World Noble.

"...wait...Straw Hat...don't do this..." Hatchan coughs. "...it's my fault...I screwed up..."

Luffy stops and looks at his friend with a look of anger.

"You promised me...that you can't defy the Celestial Dragons...even if they kill someone!"

Luffy now freezes and calms down, slightly remembering his conversation back before he and the others met Uta. The other Straw Hat members listen in carefully, all frozen with anger, knowing full well what the fishman meant.

"I was a pirate...a criminal!" Hatchan coughs. "I've done...too many bad things...and this is the punishment I deserve...I'm so sorry...I didn't mean for things to turn out this way...I just wanted to be helpful...even if it wasn't much..."

Hatchi was a pirate? Uta thought surprised. Someone as nice as him?

Luffy slowly takes Hatchan off of him and gently puts it on his chest as the man tries to catch his breath.

"...but I screwed that up...just like the other times..." Hatchan coughs. "I wanted...to do something nice for once...to show Nami how sorry I am..."

Uta looks over to see Nami in tears and she begins to get an idea of what the fishman is talking about. She can only assume that there was a deeper connection that she didn't know about which caused a rift between Hatchan and the Straw Hats. It seems like the whole situation didn't go his way and it's saddening to watch.

This situation...it's not my place to interfere, is it...Uta wonders.

"But in the end...I just caused trouble..." Hatchan cries. "I'm so sorry!"

"That's enough! Stop your annoying babbling fish, before I shoot you again!"

Luffy, Uta and the Straw Hat Pirate's anger resurfaces as the Celestial Dragon speaks up once more. Luffy reacts and puts himself between the World Noble and Hatchan.

"How dare you! Don't look at me like that!"

Uta's eyes widen as she's Luffy's face. An angry glare that she would not have guessed Luffy was capable of making. Luffy then slowly walks up the stairs towards the man with his fist clenched. Pappagu tries to warn him, but the pirate ignores his pleas. The Celestial Dragon points his gun at Luffy, but the man shows no sign of stopping. The audience begins to murmur with panic and some begin to stand up and move away. Seeing how the situation is playing out, Uta calms down and moves to the side.