ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ꜰɪꜰᴛᴇᴇɴ

Start from the beginning

Well, better to overestimate than underestimate. Don't you think, Levi?

You're so confusing. I have a hard time trying to read you. At least with Elizabeth, I can tell what she's thinking sometimes. But with you, I have no clue what's going on in that head of yours.

I mean, do you have to figure me out? I can be the enigma you could never understand.

That's not really funny, (Y/n). And I know these weird jokes of yours are meant to keep me away.

Weird jokes? I'm quite offended, big brother. They're meant to be unique, just for you.

I don't find them funny. So you can stop. Now, are you going to tell me what really happened?

Um, what? What the hell are you talking about—

Why did you get so distracted during our training session today? What happened, (Y/n)?

Nothing happened, Levi. I'm serious! I just haven't been sleeping well these past couple of days, that's all. Oh, and I guess I can't stop worrying about our mother going completely berserk

You don't have to worry about the Holy War, (Y/n). I will protect both you and Elizabeth

I don't need your protection, Levi. You protect Elizabeth all you want but don't bother with me.

You can be so harsh with your words sometimes. No need to hurt your big brother, alright?

Gasping loudly, I hug my sides tightly as I quickly lean forward, struggling to breathe.

A memory of my older brother. Just shared words. No clear view of his face or where we were.

"Why is that?" I choke out in confusion. "Why can't I see your face, Levi? Why can't I remember?"

I whip my head around when I see an explosion of bright light in the night skies in the distance, the colours yellow and pink intertwining with one another to create a cross-like shape.

A symbol of a pact; one between the Four Archangels and another powerful Goddess.

Don't go after him.

Dark magic dispersing all around me, I clench my fists tightly as I say breathlessly, "Zeldris."

━━ 🌹 ━━

"Welcome back, Princess (Y/n)," Cusack says as I enter the throne room. "I hope all went well."

"It didn't," I answer through gritted teeth once I come to a stop in front of my older sister and our teachers. "I'm afraid I came up empty; I played right into the Daughter of Belialuin's hands. But the biggest issue we face right now is that three of the Four Archangels have been revived."

"Indeed," Elizabeth murmurs softly, arms crossed over her chest. "Did you see the pact, (Y/n)? It's likely Meliodas, Zeldris, and the Seven Deadly Sins have teamed up with the Archangels."

"So it seems your man got away," I note, scoffing as I purse my lips. "Well, that's just great."

Something amusing quickly flashes in Elizabeth's ebony eyes that clearly says, So did yours.

"It doesn't matter what our enemies try to do now," Elizabeth goes on, waving a pale hand in dismissal. "We stick to our plan. Once I become the Demon Queen, this will all be over."

Hands twitching, my eyes immediately dart over to someone near the entrance by the throne.

"Lenora," I speak up and she freezes when she hears her name. "Is there something you need?"