Chapter One

1

Breakfast with the Inner Circle of the Night Court was the best thing that ever happened to me. Not just for the delicious food but also for the great company. And the chaos said company brought with them.

"I am serious, Cassian. Give me that cupcake or you're going to regret it!" The Morrigan, beautiful as a sunset even in her wrinkled PJs, stood before the General of the High Lords Armies and stretched her hand out to him, demanding the little sweet thing he stole from her plate seconds ago. Even though her whole appearance was breathtaking and I would never be stupid enough to underestimate her, I couldn't stop myself to smile over this silly argument. And it wasn't new either yet it never failed to entertain me. These two bailed at each other at least once a day and when they didn't I was concerned enough to ask what was wrong with them.

"Come on, Mor." Cassian grinned from one ear to another and that smile told me everything I needed to know. Whatever he was going to say next, it would kill him.

"Eating that wouldn't benefit you." I raised my eyebrows and sipped on my water. That was a low-blow. And wasn't true at all, he knew that as well as Mor did. But obviously no woman would want to hear that so she reacted exactly how Cassian wanted her to react.

"You filthy little-" she didn't finish her sentence, instead she began moving around the long table to either get to Cassian or the cupcake, I wasn't sure which was more important to her. Cassian for himself shot out of his seat and began running. Mor would've probably stayed here, satisfied with the fact that she scared the mighty General away, but since Cass took the cupcake with him, Mor began hunting him, shouting insults at the laughing Illyrian.

I leaned back in my seat and emptied my glass of water.

"I bet she is going to catch him and then beat the shit out of him." Rhys, High Lord of the Night Court, grinned, eating little pieces of a watermelon. His wife and High Lady next to him rolled her eyes at that statement but nodded anyway.

"Of course she'll catch him." Nyx said, stretching his wings. The warm morning sunlight shone against the silky skin and made them look beautiful and mystic. He was the son of Feyre and Rhys and heired every little bit of power his parents carried in them. He was only twenty-seven years old, his whole power hasn't manifested yet, but he was already so strong that he could use the Death Tropes, three magical objects of pure power, without being Made by the Cauldron. No one knew if he could use them because of that power or because his mother was Made as well. However, she wasn't Made by the Cauldron but by the power of the seven High Lords of Prythian. Her sisters, Nesta and Elain could use the Tropes because they were Made by the Cauldron during the war with Hybern around 28 years ago. A time that wasn't considered long for the fae.

Nyx gave me a knowing smile and I grinned back. He was my best friend for almost two years now and we knew each other so well, we knew what the other thought and right now, we thought the same. Feyre and Rhys already noticed our smile and knew what happened between us.

"But she won't beat him up." Nyx continued and I added.

"Because she isn't really hunting Cassian." Feyre blinked at me for a second, until she laughed softly. Her laugh was so beautiful that I loved to hear it, it had something precious in it.

"She's after the cupcake." Feyre said and Rhys started laughing too.

"Exactly." I said and leaned forward.

"Even though I can't really understand why." I reached a huge plate with my hand and pulled it to me. It was filled with cupcakes. I took one from it, ate a bite and gave the rest to Nyx. Mor was extra like that but that's what I loved about her. So I just shrugged and leaned back in my seat again. The argument of the day, even over one cupcake out of at least twenty others.