Book 6 Finale: Venom of the Red Lotus

Start from the beginning

Zaheer: Well thats fine. Wheres you're son?

Jin: He is with my sister and parents in the Fire Nation.... Please, he is just a baby. Don't do this...

His eyes still shut, Ryu moves the drop from one hand to another. It doesn't break...

Zaheer smiled and helped Ryu's father to his feet and nods to Ming-Hua who let's go of his mother, as he runs to her side trying to wake her up.

Jin: Yuna! Yuna please!

Zaheer: Let's go. We have a Avatar to capture.

Teenage Ryu continues to move the drop without breaking it...

Ryu's father rushes over to the closet, with Zaheer and his gang finally gone. He stops in front of a blanket where Ryu was... and the scene switches to it's original design as baby Ryu holds his hand out.

Teenage Ryu's eyes snap open.

Ryu's father gives a small smile just like in previous visions... only this time, when baby Ryu begins to cry, he seems to change his mind, taking his son's little hands into his own, comforting him.

Baby Ryu makes a "Da!" sound as his father kisses him on the forehead and clutches his hands tightly. His father gazes lovingly at his child as he giggles... and then with tears in his eyes, he moves away, as a voiced boomed.

Zaheer: P'Li. No survivors.

Ryu's dad looked ahead. As his son watches, crying, he reaches his hand out, as the entire house was engulfed into a explosion and darkness was that was seen. Teenage Ryu deposits the rain drop onto a small puddle in the snow. He slowly falls into a sitting position, completely gutted. Mulan approaches as he fights back tears.

Mulan: Your story may not have such a happy beginning... but that does not make you who you are. It is the rest of your story... who you choose to be...

At this, Ryu looks up. His expression slowly changes as a new wave of memories floods over him... this time, he remembers his infant self being held by a younger Lin... Meeting and befriending Korra at a young age... His first day in Republic City... meeting Bolin, Mako, and Asami... learning about Avatar Wan and how's he's connected to the Avatars... defeating Unavaatu... Him and Asami kissing on the boat... Asami and him enjoying the Glacier Spirits Festival... Korra and him kissing in the spirit tree... a younger Lin gazing lovingly down at baby Ryu as he whimpers beneath the tattered blanket on his head... and finally him and Lin hugging it out in Zaofu.

Mulan: So... who are you, my grandson?

Ryu slowly gets to his feet. His eyes narrow as he is filled with a new determination.

Ryu: I am the son of Jin, the son of Yuna. Grandson of the Dragon of the North, grandson of Princess Azula of the Fire Nation. Descendent of Kyoshi, descendent of Roku, decedent of Wan. I. Am. Ryu!

The scene fades to real world at nighttime as Ryu is shown meditating on Oogi as Asami was sleeping gently on his shoulder while he was in his state. He opened his eyes as they glowed white then back to normal, Ryu looked ahead groaning in pain.

Ryu: I will save you Korra... even if it kills me.
=============================

The scene changes to the next day and to the cave where the Red Lotus held Korra as captive, chained and suspended in the middle of the cave with Zaheer and company standing in front of her on a viewing platform. Korra tries to break free of her chains.

Korra: When I get out of here, none of you will survive!

Zaheer: You won't get out, unless the Metal Clan has taught you a way to bend platinum.