Chpater 4: Buzz

*SADIE'S POV*

As me and Delilah are playing outside she gets stung by a bee. I pick her up pulling the stinger out, flicking it away.

I wipe the tears from her cheeks.
"Have you been stung before?"
She nods her head. I bring her inside so i can monitor her closey. The second sting is always worse than the first.

I watch as the sting starts swelling up and getting redder. I've never seen one this bad before.

I don't know what to do. Should i take her to the hospital? Wait it out? I don't know.

"How's your breathing?" I ask.
"It's fine. My chest feels funny though." She giggles not understanding what's going on.

I'm taking her to the hospital.

I grab a bag and chuck some of her clothes in there, some food and water, Mr. Snuffles and medicine.

I place her in my car and call her parents as i start driving. They don't pick up.

"Oh shit." I mutter to myself squeezing the steering wheel tighter. Im terrified. Tears start streaming down my cheeks, meanwhile Delilah is fairly calm.
"Don't scratch your arm." I say sniffling.
"Are you crying?"
"No just allergies sweetie."

I call Joey, i have no choice.

"What do you want?" He grumbles. I can hear voices in the background. He must be at practise. I let out sniffles trying to calm my breathes enough to speak.

"What's wrong Sadie?" His tone goes softer.

"Delilah got stung by a bee and she said she's been stung before which means it might get bad. I monitored it and it's not getting any better. Im taking her to the hospital and your parents aren't picking up. I-i'm really stressed." I sniffle.

"Oh fuck. Yeah i'll meet you there. Your doing a good job. Your okay, focus on your breathes."

"I-i'm trying."

"Good girl."

I hang up the phone and pick up Delilah carrying her into the hospital. She is getting more distressed and is now crying.
"It hurts." She cries as i walk in the door.

"I need a nurse please." I say walking to the front desk tears dropping down my cheeks rolling down my neck.
I explain to them what happened and they take her back to the room.

"You can't go with her, you aren't her legal parent or guardian." The nurse tells me.
"N-no but i need to be with her, she's a-alone and i'm in charge of her right now. Please let me go with her." I sob.
"Miss you need to calm down. Your not helping her when you act like this."

I let out cries walking away from her. I pace back and forth in the waiting room. Minutes go by which feel like hours.

I feel myself being turned around.
Joey.
I wrap my arms around his neck not caring that he's my enemy right now. He puts his arms around my waist.

I let out sobs into his neck.
"Shhh Sadie, your okay." He holds me tightly close to his body.
"It's all my fault." I cry.
"She'll be alright. She's safe. You did the right things. It's not your fault, the only one blaming you is yourself. My parents will be here soon."