7. Punished

"Good morning madam" Both Mr. and Mrs. Kim say to the principal as they enter her cabin closing the door behind

"What did our son do this time?" Mrs. Kim sighs and says rolling her eyes at Taehyung who was standing in shame.

"Well, first you both have a seat because you might get shook with the news I am about to give you" The principal says as Both Kims sit on the chair hurriedly eagerly waiting for the principal to let the cat out of the bag.

"WHAT IS IT?" Mrs. Kim says in a bit high pitched voice getting impatient. Mr. Kim squeezes her hand and calms her while giving the principal and the teacher an apologetic smile

"Calm down. Why are you getting so itchy even before listening to what the principal has to say" The class teacher says with sarcasm laced in her voice. Mrs. Kim just ignores the sarcasm as the principal starts speaking

"Mr. and Mrs. Kim unfortunately, your son will be suspended temporarily for three weeks" the principal says eyeing Taehyung who seemed unfazed as always but deep down he was shivering to his very core

"What are you even saying madam" Mr.Kim says as his widened in horror. Mrs.Kim was at a loss for words.

"First tell us what did he do" Mr. Kim asks slightly banging the table in disappointment

"He actually. Wait why am I explaining? Let the recordings to their part." The principal says as she signals the peon to turn up the volume to make the recordings very loud and clear for both Mr. and Mrs. Kim. The expressions on their faces only indicated trouble for Taehyung.

Taehyung shuts his eyes due to immense fear and embarrassment.

The recordings stop and the kims were so ready to throw hands on Taehyung.

"Ok ok not here Madam" The principal stops them before they could create a ruckus

Taehyung's mother picks her purse and opens the door before banging it harshly. Mr.Kim and Taehyung also follow her behind while Taehyung's class teacher had a satisfied smile on her face.

"Mom please listen to me" taehyung says and tries to grab his mother's hand. Mrs.kim suddenly turns around with a face full of rage and slaps Taehyung. Taehyung and Mr.kim both remained stunned at her actions

"Baby!" Mr.kim says and holds taehyung by his shoulder.

"What is wrong with you? He is just a kid. Let him be, atleast look at the surroundings" Mr kim says and all the juniors of taehyung, teachers and some seniors were watching the scenario with as much keen as they might watch a movie in theater.

"I dont care. This boy right here, has brought nothing but shame. He is well deserved for this." Mrs.kim says with a sour voice and walks again. Mr.kim pulls taehyung gently and walks away too. The kim family sit in their car. The family was completely silent. Taehyung's sobs were heard clearly. His red face was seen by mr and mrs.kim through the rear view mirror. Mrs.kim felt really guilty of slapping her own son but his deeds forced her to.

Soon the suffocating car journey ended and they reached home. Taehyung was about to leave to his room to cry more but he was stopped by Mrs.kim

"Wait right there Kim Taehyung" Mrs.kim says and taehyung's steps were stopped.

"You are grounded and I have a punishment for you" mrs.kim says as mr.kim sighs heavily while taehyung just nods.

"You want to part time jobs right? Then I give you the opportunity. Your aunt Junie feels lonely and pressured at her laundromat. Why don't you lend her a hand?" Mrs.kim says and taehyung mumbles a small ok before running to his garage

"Tommorow morning would be your first day" Mrs.kim shouts to a running taehyung whose tears were falling endlessly.

Taehyung reached his room, his dilapidated garage and hid his face in the pillow crying.

Mrs.kim sits on the sofa and immediately bursts into tears. Her son was punished by her, her son was shouted at by her, her son was broken due to her. Mr.kim just pulls mrs.kim in his warm embrace and calms her down by patting her gently and saying sweet nothings to her.

In the evening, when Taehyung finally came out of his garage all ready to work in the garage probably for the last time, he was stopped by mr.kim

"I have already informed david. You dont have to go" mr.kim says and cups taehyung's cheeks

"Thanks dad" taehyung says in a small voice. His voice still hoarse due to all the crying and dried tear stains were visible on his face. His nose still red like a reindeer.

"Baby dont worry" Mr.kim pats tae's cheeks. Mrs.kim who was cooking right now could see the father son with her sad eyes.

Parenting is like that. If one parent plays sweet another has to play strict in order to maintain a balance. Parents just want their children to be raised well with good etiquettes so they become successful individuals in the future.

Taehyung hears the phone ring and goes back to the garage. He picks up his phone.

"Hello! Yes?" Taehyung asks

"Hello yes taehyung-shi?" A sweet voice engulfs taehyung's ears

"Yes who is that?" Taehyung questions

"I am jungkook" the sweet voice replies

"Oh jungkook. Wait are you the boy I met at the bar the other day" taehyung says almost becoming excited.

"Yes indeed." Jungkook says and giggles a bit

" Jungkook, but how did you get my number?" Taehyung says, his face already forming a huge idiotic smile.

"After you left the bar, I asked seojoon for your number. You piqued my interest to be very Frank. You are a mystery taehyung-shi" jungkook says and taehyung jumps on his bed forgetting all his sadness.

"Quite interesting. I was waiting for fate to make us meet again but I guess you did half the job" taehyung says and jungkook laughs.

"So, tell me would you like to hang out some day?" Jungkook asks being very forward of his intentions

"Hang out?" Taehyung says with an unsure tone

"Yes just casually" jungkook says simply . Taehyung just says he'll let jungkook know and cuts the call. Meanwhile jungkook hid his face in the pillow and screamed like a teenage girl.

From that day on they both started chatting.