twenty six. wolf in sheeps clothing

⚘.゚‪‪༘༘ | THE WALKING DEAD | 🪓ꓹ─๑
wolf in sheep's clothing

❪ 𝐒𝐂𝐑𝐄𝐀𝐌 𝐎𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐁𝐔𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐅𝐋𝐘 ❫᠂⭒𝙳𝙰𝚈 𝟽𝟸 𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙸𝙽𝙸𝚃𝙸𝙰𝙻 𝙾𝚄𝚃𝙱𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙺☆❝ Old McDonald had a farm ❞ : ˖ ۫ ★ ៸

⭒𝙳𝙰𝚈 𝟽𝟸 𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝙸𝙽𝙸𝚃𝙸𝙰𝙻 𝙾𝚄𝚃𝙱𝚁𝙴𝙰𝙺☆
Old McDonald had a farm ❞ : ˖ ۫ ★ ៸

SHE FOUND HERSELF MISSING HER DAD. Which, in a time like this, after what he did . . . she didn't want to miss him. She didn't want to reach for him, hide behind him like he was a safety blanket between her and the new world.

As Max Walsh stood behind her godfather, she felt the hairs on her arms stick straight up. Besides the Greene's, this was the first time she'd seen strangers. And they didn't look like kind ones.

The two strangers made themselves comfortable, one pulled a chair up at one of the tables, the other, sitting uncomfortably on a barstool next to Hershel.

"I'm Dave," The man sitting at the table introduced, a shot glass held gently in his fingers. "That scrawny-lookin' douchebag there is Tony."

Max Glanced over at the man, and stepped back once she realized his eyes were already on her. The look in his dark eyes had her gut twisting.

Oh.

Tony leaned back a little, tearing his eyes away from the girl as he chuckled lightly.

"Eat me, Dave."

Dave chuckled, "Hey, maybe someday I will."

Rick flicked his eyes over to the other man — Tony, and the Sheriff straightened up slightly, stepping back just enough that the man's view wasn't so clear on his god-daughter. Max swallowed a large lump in her throat as he grip tightened on her shotgun.

There was not a doubt in her mind that if her father was here, these men would be dead in seconds. She didn't know why that horrifying fact seemed to comfort her a little.

Killing. It seemed like a new thing now. But maybe that was Presley's late night mutters, that she thought no one could hear, getting to her.

"We met on I-95 coming out of Philly." Dave continued. "Damn shit-show that was."

"I'm Glenn." The young man's perky voice spoke up. He seemed much more comfortable with the situation then Max was. "It's nice to meet some new people."

Rick filled a cup of whiskey up for Glenn, and placed it on the bar in front of him. He turned to Max and gestured for her to move next to the man.

She wasn't upset with the request. Glenn was a comfortable guy to stand next to. Though he wasn't the strongest man in that room, or the scariest, he was comfortable.

Rick curled his fingers around his own glass, and he gently raised it to Dave. "Rick Grimes."

Dave looked between all their hands, and noticed Hershel's were empty.