~10~ Run all the way to freedom

“What are you doing?” I heard Jovani mumble to an obstinate Gia just before she closed my room door in his face

“Helping Mercedes get ready!”
She yelled through the closed door before turning back to me.

“Do you really want to wear a summer dress to get pizza and ice cream?” she made her way to the closet.

“It's the only thing that's here.” I fell back on the bed with a shrug. Due to all my crying, my voice came out hoarse.

She turned to me with a small smile. “Says who?”

“most times, I have sleepovers here. I have loads of clothes here, wanna check my closet?”

“Can I?”

She nodded enthusiastically, getting a small key from her purse and leading me to her room.

She unlocked the door and I stared in awe of her beautiful room. It was at least three times larger than mine with a golden chandelier hanging from the ceiling.

Everything about Gia's room screamed luxury and the main color scheme was nude.

“Come in.” she gestured.

Only then did I realize I'd been standing at the entrance door.

She showed me all the gorgeous clothes in her walk in closet and I found it hard to believe she didn't actually live here.

I ended up picking a black spaghetti bra top and cream baggy joggers. I let my wavy brown hair down, it fell a little below my waist and I applied some powder.

I breath raspily as soon as I stepped out of the mansion. It brought back tearful memories of when I was first brought here and all I could still think about at this point was to run.

Run, run and never look back. Run till I'm in the hands of Rachelle so I can let out all the tears I reserved till I see her again.

There was a black Bugatti Divo parked by the circle drive. Jovani sat at the drivers seat and insisted I sit at the passengers seat while Gia sits at the back seat. I know all he wanted was to keep an eye on me. He wasn't willing to let his guard down around me and I couldn't blame him, I'd run away the first chance I got.

We arrived at the outdoor restaurant and I could hear Gia's stomach rumble.

“I'm really hungry.” she chuckled the obvious.

We placed our order and while we were waiting for the pizza to be made. Jovani got a phone call and moved away from our table.

“Why are you doing this for me?” I blurted out, my eyes leaving my white sneakers to Gia.

“Huh?” she looked up from her phone and her eyes met mine.

“Come on Gia, if Ermanno is really your good friend like you say, why are you so nice to me? I'm his hostage for God's sake. You're too trusting of me, why?”

She was silent for a minute. “Because Mercedes,” she dropped her phone on the table. “This isn't your fault. You're a victim of circumstances. It could've happened to anyone and you're innocent here. You may or may not know what your father did but you committed no crime. I can't just sit and do nothing watching you suffer. I can't help you escape so the least I can do is help make you feel comfortable.” she paused. “Making you suffer for what you had no hand in is foolish. Ermanno is my don so I can't question his actions. But as my best friend, I talk a lot of sense into him but he remains stubborn.”

“What did my father do?” I found myself voicing out. Immediately, Gia's eyes left mine to the table.

“I can't say much. All I can say is that he wronged the Sandrino family greatly and as his only successor, you were taken to pay the debts your father owes.”

I felt her warm hands on mine, trying her best to comfort me.

“You're going to be okay. Ermanno's not a bad person.”

Fuck that shit!

If he wasn't a bad person, I wouldn't have been kidnapped to satisfy his thirst for vengeance. If he wasn't a bad person, I wouldn't have been harassed and disgraced. If he wasn't a bad person, he wouldn't call a fellow human being his toy and try to torture them sexually. Ermanno Sandrino was a horrible person.

I'm going to be sick...

I immediately got up from the chair, disengaging my hand from hers. “I need to go to the restroom.” my voice wavered slightly.

I didn't feel the cold sensation I usually feel when cold water is splashed on my face, all I felt was anxiousness. I cupped my hands once more and watched the water fill it up before raising it to my face to wash away all my sweat.

My heart beat rapidly as I continuously glaced at the back door of the restroom.

I could make a run for it....

I actually had a chance...

I could get out of the grasps of these criminals..

I just had to go!

I swallowed my spit hard as I took too my heels. I pushed out anyone that was in my way and ran like I had never before.

My chest heaved with different emotions as I ran and in the path ahead of me, I saw something I hadn't seen in days..

Hope.

After several minutes of running, I stopped at a traffic light to catch my breath. I glanced to my back, where I had been coming from.

Had they started looking for me?

Had they realized I was gone?

After a few seconds of resting, I continued my journey. First things first; I would travel out of the country, out of the continent maybe. After that, I would contact Elle so that she can join me too. I wouldn't want these monsters to come after Elle as well.

I kinda felt sorry for Gia, I could tell her words and actions were genuine and true. But she was part of them for crying out loud-

I stopped abruptly as I felt myself falling backwards. Luckily, just before my head hit the ground, I was pulled up by a strong grip on my wrists.

“Are you Okay?”

It took a second for me to collect myself and once I realized who was Infront of me, my eyes instantly watered up.

I stared down slowly from his silky blond hair, to his dark brown eyes, his well balmed thin lips and then finally his uniform.

A police uniform adorned his body. Boldly written on it was 'Los Angeles Police Department'

This seemed almost impossible but here it was. My way out.

__________________________________Alright guys!The tenth chapter of G

The tenth chapter of G.A.T.M
Please vote share and comment if you enjoyed this chapter.

Till next time!