𝟒 - 𝑺𝒐, 𝒘𝒆 𝒎𝒆𝒆𝒕 𝒂𝒈𝒂𝒊𝒏

I walked into the small coffee shop at the end of my street, The Coffee Corner, it is called. A basic name, I know, but it has been my hangout and workplace for 2 years now, and honestly I wouldn't have it any other way. I loved all the people and pets whom worked there and the customers who I got to see everyday. (Especially the regulars.)

The best part about it, is that it is an animal cafe - a dog one specifically! Cheesy, I know, but it's so nice to go in every day and see all of those wagging tails every time someone new comes in, it gives me the motivation to keep on working every day.

I pushed open the door and walked inside, the bell dinging after I entered. The shop wasn't open yet, so it was pretty quiet, but that was ok, because I got to do my favourite job - letting out the dogs! They're always so happy to see me, it's really adorable. 

I shut the door carefully behind me, and I walked to the small, wooden door on the far left of the room, which was slightly more hidden away from the customers, and went inside the 'employees only' room. I turned on the light, and was greeted with lots of licks and wagging tails. ''Hey, guys! How are we all doin?'' I asked them, even though I knew they couldn't respond, but I was pleased nonetheless.

I always have had a thing for talking to dogs, they just understand in a way that humans can't, even though they have no idea what I am saying. I shook off the thought, trying not to dwell on it. I let them out of the room, and they all ran into the main room, as happy as can be.

I laughed a little at this, but then remembered that I had to feed them as well, so I went over to the kitchen and started preparing their food. Trying to make 13 bowls of food would usually be too overwhelming of a task for a normal person to do, seeing as you had to get all of the dogs' dietary requirements and dosages of medications just right or it would mess everything up. But, for me - who has done this job pretty much ever since I started working here - it was no biggie.

I knew every dog's meal plans like the back of my hand. Jojo had to have 3 scoops of biscuit, not the usual 5, Jasper has 2 quail eggs, Oliver has 4 sprays of his anti-worm treatment, and Connie has to have 2 pills of her heart medication. Other than that, all of the other dogs ate pretty much the same thing. One I had finished their meals, I picked up the whistle that hung around my neck on a lanyard and blew it, they were all trained to go to whomever had blew the whistle straight after the call was finished, so all I had to do was wait for all of them to come in.

While waiting for them all to flood inside the room, I placed all of their bowls in the usual order, oldest to youngest. Surprisingly, this was more difficult than remembering all of their different types of food, but I still did it regardless. After a couple of seconds after the call was made, I heard lots of paws pounding on the ground, running quickly towards the room I was in, I stepped aside from their bowls as they all came flooding in.

They all went to their designated bowls and started to eat, I watched them for a second, to make sure they were all there, and when I deducted that they were, I went to wash my hands. After that, the dogs had all finished their food and had gone back into the main area, all of them except for Jasper. He was sitting in front of the door, waiting for me, per usual.

Jasper used to be a sheepdog, before he was sent to us after his owner couldn't take care of him anymore, so it is in his nature to make sure everybody gets out safe. I giggled and went over to say hi to him. I crouched down to his height and petted the top of his head, his tailed wagged. ''Hey, boy! I see you waited for me?'' I told him, and he barked, as if to respond to me. I chuckled to myself and then stood back up to walk back into the main area. Jasper followed close behind me.

I got to the main area and did a headcount to make sure that all of the dogs were in the room. ''1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13! Good, the gang's all here!'' I exclaimed, relieved that they were all here. To be honest, there has only been one day that we only counted 12 dogs in the morning, but that was when I was off sick and the new guy was opening the shop, so I had nothing to worry about.